Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

This is total wastage of water but government don't care about it because they get compensated for the water usage. 

Maharashtra cricket association argued that they purchase water for its use and also water is not potable and cannot be useful for drinking purpose. 

The MCA and crazy cricket lovers will argue any way they want because they want to enjoy watching the match.

It just goes to show the pathetic state of average India human mind, selfishness.. I sincerely hope that the court takes a strict view of the issue

Courts are last hope in this country, it is very sad that court didn't order to cancel these rubbish, show

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

This is total wastage of water but government don't care about it because they get compensated for the water usage. 

Maharashtra cricket association argued that they purchase water for its use and also water is not potable and cannot be useful for drinking purpose. 

The MCA and crazy cricket lovers will argue any way they want because they want to enjoy watching the match.

It just goes to show the pathetic state of average India human mind, selfishness.. I sincerely hope that the court takes a strict view of the issue

Courts are last hope in this country, it is very sad that court didn't order to cancel these rubbish, show

The first one has been allowed and today the CM of Maharashtra has also agreed that the games could be shifted elsewhere, but where ? Karnataka has a drought situation and I am sure most people dont want this white elephant there ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This is an example of lopsided priorities in India and I wonder when we if at all will ever be rid of them.

It definitely is a lop sided priority ! They have not given enough thought to either the realities facing our country or else the timing is bad ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

True Usha, and it is not just a few parts, but more than half of the state is reeling under severe drought, there is not a drop of water to drink for animals and humans, Places such as Vidarbha and Marathwada get water once in 8 to 15 days and here they are about to waste almost 7-8 lakh liters of water daily on the upkeep of cricket pitches. Truth is that, several bigwig industrialists such as Ambanis and others who hold large stakes in the IPL matches will stand to lose money if IPL is canceled. And in a country where cheap entertainment such as IPL and Bollywood movies are glorified and celebrities from these two fields are worshipped more than God, who is concerned if the rest of the state is dying of thirst!

Kalyani, cricket has always been there and loved by the masses but the IPL , which was started during the UPA regime by some of the then ministers having a vested interest in it along with the cricket board . In Fact the style was created by Mallya, the cheer leaders and the glamour and sale of players , one can see  his stamp on it !!!!! honestly what a low for a glorious game like cricket. ..

Yes, Cricket has always been there and loved by all, but ever since it has turned into a glorified circus with cheerleaders in skimpy outfits, players being auctioned off like mere objects etc. I have lost all interest for it. What is surprising is that even top players Like Sachin Tendulkar and others allowed themselves to be bought and sold like horses and let the game be turned into cheap entertainment. What's more, people love it, without even single consideration for waste of money, water on this activity! It really jars on the mind!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

this is what the condition of Indian government they focus more on richer in comparison to poorer. one side where people are dying to get water and on the other side where there is lots of water to spread on the full stadium  

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

The first one has been allowed and today the CM of Maharashtra has also agreed that the games could be shifted elsewhere, but where ? Karnataka has a drought situation and I am sure most people dont want this white elephant there ...

What will happen if IPL repeal? World will end?  

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

No, the World will Remain. But the vested interests of Franchisees will drown

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Bajirao wrote:

This was asked by me earlier and some members of course wanted the game to go on ...anyway, after some stiff opposition by many citizens our netas too are singing a different tune now and with more opposition, hopefully the IPL will close down and the gracious and dignified game of cricket will take over, of course sans the loads of money that the players and organisers have got used to now. 

why the big leaders don't understand that life is more important than seeing an IPL match. the leader should be realized that life is a very sensitive thing which once gone never come back again 

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.