Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

well it is very simple if by stopping IPL in India now will help the people of maharastra then i think its better to stop ipl matches in Maharastra and if not then why to waste our time in making out own blood pressure high 

True, It is plain common sense that you do the needful and be humane, Thank god there are some who see it this way !

Even if the water that will be utilised for IPL cannot be used for drought affected regions, it is still a crime to waste water in such a way when it is clear that the needs of common people and farmers is far more greater than cheap entertainment. And where there is a true and sincere will to help others, there is a way as is evident from the fact that Maharashtra CM Fadnavis arranged for a special water train brought in from Rajasthan which was filled with 5 lakh liters of water in Miraj and sent to Latur which is affected severely with drought.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/first-train-carrying-five-lakh-litres-water-reaches-drought-hit-latur/articleshow/51787768.cms

Instead of wasting precious water on such cheap and vulgar displays of wealth, it would be better used to water dying crops and animals instead.

The BCCI Na IPL is so flushed with funds that apparently they have been buying water from tankers from wells, wasting precious water...all that talk about treated water is just that ! The court has noted down all these details and also said that it is better to shift the jamborie elsewhere. In a country hit by one of the worst droughts ever, is there a need for this?

At present most of part of India is facing water crises. It may serious in some region. At present cost of 1 bucket water in Shimla is 100Rs.

In that respect, we in AP, except Telengana are lucky, We do not have any water scarcity. Let IPL be shifted to Vizag,

We also have any problem of water but I never suggest that IPL shifted to Sriganganagar. Some matches of Pune shifted to Moholi. Nice decision.

Already Bombay High Court has ordered BCCI to shift all the IPL Matches from Maharashtra to some other places. But BCCI is also facing trouble to find out such a place, where the water scarcity is not there. Now, BCCI is constantly shifting the venues from one place to other. The way in which things are going, it seems IPL will be stopped once and for all for this year.

Why court and public worry for BCCI. BCCI is not doing all these for chairty or for welfare of Indian public. It is purely a commercial event.

Yes. IPL is a commercial venture.BCCI is makes lot of money by selling the Franchises.

But some persons are crying, such as this show is matter of nation pride. 

Do you know that in IPL 6. attendance decreasing ? Perhaps  due to protests all over the country. Another reason is, all over the country a dry spell is going on. And those who witnessed matches said, Stadiums did not provide drinking water arrangements adequately.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

well it is very simple if by stopping IPL in India now will help the people of maharastra then i think its better to stop ipl matches in Maharastra and if not then why to waste our time in making out own blood pressure high 

True, It is plain common sense that you do the needful and be humane, Thank god there are some who see it this way !

Even if the water that will be utilised for IPL cannot be used for drought affected regions, it is still a crime to waste water in such a way when it is clear that the needs of common people and farmers is far more greater than cheap entertainment. And where there is a true and sincere will to help others, there is a way as is evident from the fact that Maharashtra CM Fadnavis arranged for a special water train brought in from Rajasthan which was filled with 5 lakh liters of water in Miraj and sent to Latur which is affected severely with drought.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/first-train-carrying-five-lakh-litres-water-reaches-drought-hit-latur/articleshow/51787768.cms

Instead of wasting precious water on such cheap and vulgar displays of wealth, it would be better used to water dying crops and animals instead.

The BCCI Na IPL is so flushed with funds that apparently they have been buying water from tankers from wells, wasting precious water...all that talk about treated water is just that ! The court has noted down all these details and also said that it is better to shift the jamborie elsewhere. In a country hit by one of the worst droughts ever, is there a need for this?

At present most of part of India is facing water crises. It may serious in some region. At present cost of 1 bucket water in Shimla is 100Rs.

In that respect, we in AP, except Telengana are lucky, We do not have any water scarcity. Let IPL be shifted to Vizag,

We also have any problem of water but I never suggest that IPL shifted to Sriganganagar. Some matches of Pune shifted to Moholi. Nice decision.

Already Bombay High Court has ordered BCCI to shift all the IPL Matches from Maharashtra to some other places. But BCCI is also facing trouble to find out such a place, where the water scarcity is not there. Now, BCCI is constantly shifting the venues from one place to other. The way in which things are going, it seems IPL will be stopped once and for all for this year.

Why court and public worry for BCCI. BCCI is not doing all these for chairty or for welfare of Indian public. It is purely a commercial event.

Yes. IPL is a commercial venture.BCCI is makes lot of money by selling the Franchises.

But some persons are crying, such as this show is matter of nation pride. 

Do you know that in IPL 6. attendance decreasing ? Perhaps  due to protests all over the country. Another reason is, all over the country a dry spell is going on. And those who witnessed matches said, Stadiums did not provide drinking water arrangements adequately.

this can also be because recently world cup matches are held in India and might be people are tired to go to see the IPL matches into the stadium 

bhuyali saroj

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

For those esteemed member who did n't understand my post, the water not brought from Rajasthan, only the special water train was, it was filled with water in Miraj, Maharashtra

My original post reads: Even if the water that will be utilised for IPL cannot be used for drought affected regions, it is still a crime to waste water in such a way when it is clear that the needs of common people and farmers is far more greater than cheap entertainment. And where there is a true and sincere will to help others, there is a way as is evident from the fact that Maharashtra CM Fadnavis arranged for a special water train brought in from Rajasthan which was filled with 5 lakh liters of water in Miraj and sent to Latur which is affected severely with drought.

So do not confuse others saying water was brought from Rajasthan!

@ Usha, I agree with you, there is no need for IPL, already enough water has been wasted on T20 matches. Not just in Maharashtra, these should be permitted anywhere in country at least until the monsoons start.

Now the Panni league consisting BCCI, IPL and others invlved including the state government which was not sure whose side to take have been asked to move the IPL elsewhere . If they bring it here to Karnataka there will be civil war ! As of now there is not a single state that can afford to waste water and make the IPL leagues richer by a few crore rupees. They should think of closing down ..

I agree Usha! If the IPL is canceled this year no one is going to die of hunger. People who suggest that IPL should not suffer losses should take the matches to their home town and supply all water needed, we do not want to give our water to cheap entertainment, this is my state, my people and I don't enjoy watching such cheap watches for the sake of few moments of worthless excitement!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

For those esteemed member who did n't understand my post, the water not brought from Rajasthan, only the special water train was, it was filled with water in Miraj, Maharashtra

My original post reads: Even if the water that will be utilised for IPL cannot be used for drought affected regions, it is still a crime to waste water in such a way when it is clear that the needs of common people and farmers is far more greater than cheap entertainment. And where there is a true and sincere will to help others, there is a way as is evident from the fact that Maharashtra CM Fadnavis arranged for a special water train brought in from Rajasthan which was filled with 5 lakh liters of water in Miraj and sent to Latur which is affected severely with drought.

@ Usha, I agree with you, there is no need for IPL, already enough water has been wasted on T20 matches. Not just in Maharashtra, these should be permitted anywhere in country at least until the monsoons start.

Now the Panni league consisting BCCI, IPL and others invlved including the state government which was not sure whose side to take have been asked to move the IPL elsewhere . If they bring it here to Karnataka there will be civil war ! As of now there is not a single state that can afford to waste water and make the IPL leagues richer by a few crore rupees. They should think of closing down ..

I agree Usha! If the IPL is canceled this year no one is going to die of hunger. People who suggest that IPL should not suffer losses should take the matches to their home town and supply all water needed, we do not want to give our water to cheap entertainment, this is my state, my people and I don't enjoy watching such cheap watches for the sake of few moments of worthless excitement!

Scourge will not come if IPL canceled this year. BCCI have enough funds to bear loss. It is time to set priority, life of peoples or cheap entertainment. Rajasthan have also water crises in some parts. In coming government supply their water by trains.

anil wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Scourge will not come if IPL canceled this year. BCCI have enough funds to bear loss. It is time to set priority, life of peoples or cheap entertainment. Rajasthan have also water crises in some parts. In coming government supply their water by trains.

Latest news is, the IPL matches which were scheduled to be played in Maharashtra will be shifted to Vizag in AP. Andhra Cricket Association requested the BCCI to shift some of the matches to be held in Vizag and the BCCI agreed.

As expected the final and the second match has been shifted to Bangalore. I am sure ur corrupt Chief Minister will be more tan happy to have this diversion , since he is reeling under too many scams and corrupt charges right from his crore plus watch case to his latest favoring his son to open a lab in government lab wit govt paid facilities..I doubt if he is interested in the plight of the farmers with Karnataka having one of the highest number of suicide rates and now a drought situation ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

As expected the final and the second match has been shifted to Bangalore. I am sure ur corrupt Chief Minister will be more tan happy to have this diversion , since he is reeling under too many scams and corrupt charges right from his crore plus watch case to his latest favoring his son to open a lab in government lab wit govt paid facilities..I doubt if he is interested in the plight of the farmers with Karnataka having one of the highest number of suicide rates and now a drought situation ..

Who cares about some farmers when there is a lot of money to be earned from cheap entertainment? All these agitations of various progressive outfits that is going on all over Maharasthtra to earn women rights to enter temples and mosques etc. seem to be pointless and useless. Those outfits should in reality be agitating for IPL matches to be banned from the country instead, that will serve more purpose and will bring some relief to poor farmers and widows of those who committed suicides/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Who cares about some farmers when there is a lot of money to be earned from cheap entertainment? All these agitations of various progressive outfits that is going on all over Maharasthtra to earn women rights to enter temples and mosques etc. seem to be pointless and useless. Those outfits should in reality be agitating for IPL matches to be banned from the country instead, that will serve more purpose and will bring some relief to poor farmers and widows of those who committed suicides/

Yes Kalyani, that's exactly what it is.. However, here the activists and farmers are already getting together wondering how to stop the match that is supposed to be played either today or tomorrow, am not sure but sometime soon..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes Kalyani, that's exactly what it is.. However, here the activists and farmers are already getting together wondering how to stop the match that is supposed to be played either today or tomorrow, am not sure but sometime soon..

Maybe they should think of trying something like this, bring all their livestock in hundreds and invade the pitch :)

IPL1

LOL. This cartoon is self explanatory. I feel this is the ideal act for stopping the IPL. In vizag too, where some IPL matches are going, there are some agitations and few PILs are filed in the court. It is yet to be seen for the final verdict of the Court.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.