Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Karnataka has never had a situation as bad it is now, with KSR dam that supplies water to both Bangalore and Mysore, almost dry. But does our Chief Minister care ? He laughs and sways when asked about IPL and water troubles. No wonder he was booed out of a village when he went there to do drought 'survey'  after several people had died with no water that was promised being supplied by the Tahshildar.  Pathetic inddeed but IPL must go n because the entire political lot gets part of the loot..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

LOL. This cartoon is self explanatory. I feel this is the ideal act for stopping the IPL. In vizag too, where some IPL matches are going, there are some agitations and few PILs are filed in the court. It is yet to be seen for the final verdict of the Court.

Spread the word around, bring them in hundreds and stop the matches! laughing.png

I sincerely wish something like that would happen, but people give up easily on issues that really matter but waste precious time on the ones that don't really matter .

True...see the current agitations of various women's and progressive outfits demanding that women be allowed entry into temples and mosques etc. See how much response and they are getting from everywhere, but something more crucial and sensitive issue that requires topmost priority such as water and food etc., no one seems to be bothering much about.....that is why our country can never become a superpower!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We are aware that venues for IPL were shifted, after Maharashtra CM refused to hold the IPL championship. After this, many States came forward to hold IPL. BCCI agreed for some venues in AP, Vizag, where there is no water scarcity to hold IPL. But within a few days the situation changed. IMD predicted, that there would be severe water scarcity in the entire country. With this new development many agitations were staged. There were a couple of PILs filed in the AP High court.But IPL is continuing. Now , according to news channels, there is political interference to gain political mileage. Rumors are afloat that lot of money transactions took place between the politicians and the Franchisees of IPL.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

LOL. This cartoon is self explanatory. I feel this is the ideal act for stopping the IPL. In vizag too, where some IPL matches are going, there are some agitations and few PILs are filed in the court. It is yet to be seen for the final verdict of the Court.

Spread the word around, bring them in hundreds and stop the matches! laughing.png

I sincerely wish something like that would happen, but people give up easily on issues that really matter but waste precious time on the ones that don't really matter .

True...see the current agitations of various women's and progressive outfits demanding that women be allowed entry into temples and mosques etc. See how much response and they are getting from everywhere, but something more crucial and sensitive issue that requires topmost priority such as water and food etc., no one seems to be bothering much about.....that is why our country can never become a superpower!

just because of some bad politicians we people are straggle from the main problems which are happening in our country. people of India concentrate more on useless things.

bhuyali saroj

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes I agree Kalyani, we need to see what our priorities are ...I find the media taking up issues that are quite silly at times.The suicide case by a TV actress was prime time news for several days and still not done with...why not let the people involved have some dignity and privacy ? Thankfully they have been covering the drought situation too or else we would never come to now what is happening around the country..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Basically, an Indian Voter overlooks his or her priorities and goes by sensational news available in both Print and Electronic media. I'm sure, this malady in an Indian Voter is due lack of awareness about his value of  Adult Franchise. Thankfully a few of the News channels are giving a wide exposure to the Drought conditions and water scarcity. Because of these facts, a few individuals are protesting against Water wasting projects like IPL cricket matches. Maharashtra Government's denial to allow IPL matches is an example.

rambabu wrote:

Basically, an Indian Voter overlooks his or her priorities and goes by sensational news available in both Print and Electronic media. I'm sure, this malady in an Indian Voter is due lack of awareness about his value of  Adult Franchise. Thankfully a few of the News channels are giving a wide exposure to the Drought conditions and water scarcity. Because of these facts, a few individuals are protesting against Water wasting projects like IPL cricket matches. Maharashtra Government's denial to allow IPL matches is an example.

Some IPL matches shiffted in Rajasthan, (Jaipur) but on other hand farmers of my district are on agitation for water.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Some IPL matches shiffted in Rajasthan, (Jaipur) but on other hand farmers of my district are on agitation for water.

Farmers must continue agitation. Here too people are protesting against IPL matches. Now the entire country is facing water scarcity. Everywhere drought conditions are prevailing.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Farmers must continue agitation. Here too people are protesting against IPL matches. Now the entire country is facing water scarcity. Everywhere drought conditions are prevailing.

yes, right now the question arises that what they will do now, do they will stop cricket in India because of drought

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.