Every religion contains blind devotion and superstitions. As long as you follow rituals just as social event and customs, there is no issue. But when you take this very seriously, result is disastrous.  One may even kill oneself out of frustration if the blind faith proves untrue. This actually happened.

http://m.bhaskar.com/news-hf/HAR-HIS-OMC-ritika-share-story-about-two-sister-suside-case-5293547-PHO.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thinking that god will grant all the desires is height of Foolishness. Performing Poojas every day expecting  returns is nothing but offering bribe to the God. One should know, real Puja is that without expecting any returns. If at all God exists, God knows what you need. You need not appeal him again and again. God knows what you need and what you deserve.

Anything in excess is bad and this is not just with regard to religion or religious beliefs. The cases cited is ne such example but it is not a norm among religious people or among the believers .

Religion like any other institution has its uses and just because one is not a follower or believer, does not give the right to be judgmental of other peoples beliefs and practices. One may derive the same kind of satisfaction after doing puja that a person derives out of meditation or yoga. So, how can one have any superior views about one's own practices and put down others? It just gooes to show how self centered people are . In fact Aethists and rationalists are some of the most irrational people because they have no tolerance nor do they try to analyse an issue dispassionately and see why such a practice exists . In life what is most important is personal happiness and one can derive it any way one wants as long as it does not harm others..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I see the comments against atheists of being irrational and intolerant very bizarre. In fact, the rationalists and atheists are not given any protection and freedom unlike the believers. You can't hurt the sentiments of the believers as these are very brittle and easily broken. The believers consider the age old traditions and beliefs as a sort of assets passed on as succession from forefathers. On the other hand, it takes mental and moral courage to go by independent and rational mind and discard the beliefs passed on by older generations. It is only the rationalists and independent thinkers who bring change. They have the patience and tolerance to face the aggressive attitude of the believers. Their sentiments are seldom hurt.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I have gone through the Link article.  What I understood was that a  a girl who has been performing Shiv Pija since a long time. She wanted to have a good Government Job. When she did not get the Job, out of depression, she committed suicide. The thought that one can get whatever he wants by performing Shiv Puje might have been injected by her parents or from the society around her. Nothing else. Rationalism, Atheism were not at all dealt.

God is everywhere and one must look at it rationally. To expect that god will solve all problems is a fallacy. Prayer is not to get anything from god but a part of yogic ritual to cleanse the mind. Blind belief is bad and leads nowhere. 

I never respond until I go through the link and the post and I don't have to respond like someone else or do as someoone expexts, likes or whatever, I am not here to please the members ...I respond as I think is best  for the discussion to be carried forward! It is but natural that people who follow certain school of thought are bound to defend them whether it is religion, Aethism or  any other !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One need not satisfy and please others. Expression of opinion is the only thing that is required. If one likes or dislikes is a matter that's immaterial.

this is mostly the story of India where people have faith, i mean excessive faith in their religion which almost take them to limit of faithing in anybody, it is also because of greed which one have 

bhuyali saroj

MG Singh wrote:

God is everywhere and one must look at it rationally. To expect that god will solve all problems is a fallacy. Prayer is not to get anything from god but a part of yogic ritual to cleanse the mind. Blind belief is bad and leads nowhere. 

I agree. The entire Nature is the creation of God.If one has an eye for seeing the beauty of Nature, even a Just blossoming flower can offer myriads of laughs and create happiness in you.

In some cases excessive faith drives people to take their own lives which is distressing but far better  than harming others , because in other far more dangerous and extreme cases religious fanatics end up killing others in the name of god and religion, we have enough examples around us..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.