Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Anything in excess is bad and this is not just with regard to religion or religious beliefs. The cases cited is ne such example but it is not a norm among religious people or among the believers .

Religion like any other institution has its uses and just because one is not a follower or believer, does not give the right to be judgmental of other peoples beliefs and practices. One may derive the same kind of satisfaction after doing puja that a person derives out of meditation or yoga. So, how can one have any superior views about one's own practices and put down others? It just gooes to show how self centered people are . In fact Aethists and rationalists are some of the most irrational people because they have no tolerance nor do they try to analyse an issue dispassionately and see why such a practice exists . In life what is most important is personal happiness and one can derive it any way one wants as long as it does not harm others..

I think these type of peoples are very few. May one  in lacs. People forgot that no one saw God, but it is true that God is with us all time.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Anything in excess is bad and this is not just with regard to religion or religious beliefs. The cases cited is ne such example but it is not a norm among religious people or among the believers .

Religion like any other institution has its uses and just because one is not a follower or believer, does not give the right to be judgmental of other peoples beliefs and practices. One may derive the same kind of satisfaction after doing puja that a person derives out of meditation or yoga. So, how can one have any superior views about one's own practices and put down others? It just gooes to show how self centered people are . In fact Aethists and rationalists are some of the most irrational people because they have no tolerance nor do they try to analyse an issue dispassionately and see why such a practice exists . In life what is most important is personal happiness and one can derive it any way one wants as long as it does not harm others..

I think these type of peoples are very few. May one  in lacs. People forgot that no one saw God, but it is true that God is with us all time.

True Anil. Our Hindu Scholars say God is " Sarvantrayami ", means present in you. Owing to ignorance many search for God in pilgrimages and temples. In reality , God is present in everyone of our hearts. The concept of God according to theologians ( Those who study about God ), " God is Omnipresent, present everywhere. God is Omnipotent, Unlimited power.

yeah god is omnipresent which means we do not have to go in search for god, to find god we should search inside ourselves and that will only happen if we be good from inside 

bhuyali saroj

It's my habit to carry my Sketch Book where ever I go. Once, I was sketching the Kalahasti temple in Chittor Dist, AP. Just at that time, a priest of the temple had seen my Sketch. He stood by my side and started appreciating with respect and  bowed down with Bhakti. Then he said, that my Sketch is no less than the deity in the temple. What I want to say is if one has the eye God can be seen in everything created in the nature.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Anil, there is a saying Faith moves mountains and whether there is areal god or not, faith and belief if it is firm and unshakable, works wonders for people. Everything else, god and religion etc etc are just  props for people to channelise their energy .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Piety towards that unknown and unseen power which we call as God warrants for sincerity without expecting returns. But, the Fake Babas and self proclaimed God men made religion as an enterprising Business. These babas sell short cuts to reach god effortlessly. They capitalize the gullibility in humans.paving way to excessive belief in religion.

Indians do not run behind facts, but run behind magic, therefore there are more BABA's or Molvi's in India than scientists.

http://www.comparenshop.in

There no use of blaming Babas and Moulvis.The fault lies with the people who rest faith on  self proclaimed Babas who claim that they descended from Heaven to save the humanity. People orient more towards instant results. Where as Scientists take more time to show results. That's the difference. Having excessive faith on religion  will remain unchanged and unchallenged as long as the gullible attitude remains.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

We pray to God not for demanding any thing but to say thanks what he give us. 

That is exactly what most people do..they need to have a symbol to draw strength from and whether it is god or something else hardly matters. Not all believers are selfish and greedy and pray because they want something from god .. During time of stress I have seen how even weak minded people cope because of their belief ..

If desires of some persons does not meats, they started blaming God that God is not with us, he is not helping us. But they never think that what they have all are because of God. We must be say thanks before sleeping to God for what we earn, eat and get in whole day. It will keeps us satisfied and calm.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:

We pray to God not for demanding any thing but to say thanks what he give us. 

That is exactly what most people do..they need to have a symbol to draw strength from and whether it is god or something else hardly matters. Not all believers are selfish and greedy and pray because they want something from god .. During time of stress I have seen how even weak minded people cope because of their belief ..

If desires of some persons does not meats, they started blaming God that God is not with us, he is not helping us. But they never think that what they have all are because of God. We must be say thanks before sleeping to God for what we earn, eat and get in whole day. It will keeps us satisfied and calm.

Religion an God are man made institutions, if we go back in history we see that man started by worshiping nature because it was all powerful, later this turned into worshiping a form which seemed to connect people more to their object of worship. Then as man kind evolved many institutions like family, marriage, religion etc evolved. They all are there because they have a purpose and serve to fulfill that purpose and when it is no langer needed will automatically become obsolete.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.