Indian law has armed women with several rights. These rights need be given adequate publicity.  

https://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/every-indian-woman-know-8-132140497/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

No doubt Indian law give enough rights but still they are not aware with it. Education is a reason behind it. But time is changing. Education is spreading among women. They are some what aware about their rights. I reading is news paper that some girls right to admni. to stop their marriage because they are child and wants to study.

Though there are several laws to ensure a woman's protection in India many women are not able to utilise these  measures either due to lack awareness or due to inadequate awareness increasing programmes to educate the woman so that she can live peacefully in a male dominant Society.Though, Educating the woman has solved some problems, woman education has to go a long way to see an emancipated Woman.

There is no point in having rights on paper because we all know that India is still a very male dominated society and women need to ask Permission of the men in their lives to do anything. Until there is total equality of sexes with equal right to property and a change in the attitude and mindset of the Indian men , things will remain mostly on paper. I have seen how even our judges are biased when it comes to a male - female issue like domestic violence/divorce or even rape.Unless media steps in nothing much happens.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Rights of women in India? I could die laughing on a bed of nails. If they had any rights nobody would have done what happened in Bangalore , when a man forcibly carried away a woman for his pleasure right from the busy street and nobody came to her rescue. This video was shown all over India. I have never seen it even in NEW York and in particular Harlem, crime centre of the world.

rambabu wrote:

Though there are several laws to ensure a woman's protection in India many women are not able to utilise these  measures either due to lack awareness or due to inadequate awareness increasing programmes to educate the woman so that she can live peacefully in a male dominant Society.Though, Educating the woman has solved some problems, woman education has to go a long way to see an emancipated Woman.

Laws have a meaning only if there is a social change.That social change has not happened in Indian society, both Hindu and Muslim. Hindus have many women goddesses, but the state of the women is terrible. Look at Islam and triple talaq, many good samaritans support this law even on Boddunan when they argue that Mulsim personal law should not be touched. So this thread itself is meaningless, as the man proposing this thread has gone on record and said that Muslim personal law should not be touched. 

Unless a social change happens with a complete change in the mindset and attitude of the society , mere degrees and education does  very little to change the status of women in India. In fact the more educated males have no hesitation in asking for larger dowries because they feel they are entitled to it. Unless women dont bother too much about marriage as an absolute necessity to be entered into even at the cost of buying grooms,very little can change.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Unless a social change happens with a complete change in the mindset and attitude of the society , mere degrees and education does  very little to change the status of women in India. In fact the more educated males have no hesitation in asking for larger dowries because they feel they are entitled to it. Unless women dont bother too much about marriage as an absolute necessity to be entered into even at the cost of buying grooms,very little can change.

I completely agree with you. We must have social change and not only for Hindu women but also for Muslim women and obnoxious facets of personal law like Triple talq abolished. .

Educated men are the most selfish in matters of dowry taking. They try to encash their education degrees. I had a class mate in my post graduate engineering class who was not at all serious about his studies. When asked the reason he would laugh and say his father has forced him to study as being a Reddy from AP as an MTech he can get a much bigger dowry. 

Of Course, that factor of being selfish inDowry taking is prevalent in all communities of AP. That's an evil. The fault lies with Dowry givers too. Offering Dowry is nothing short of Buying the Grooms. This Dowry  may be in different forms. Offering a  few Shares in the in laws illegal Business to sending a good for nothing commodity known as Son in Law to a foreign country where only such unworthy people are given seat for a price.

i don't know why the girls parents don't understand that dowry actually means selling their own daughter, and when they will come to know the actually meaning of dowry then that day India will move on the path of development in correct sense.  

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.