Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Unless a social change happens with a complete change in the mindset and attitude of the society , mere degrees and education does  very little to change the status of women in India. In fact the more educated males have no hesitation in asking for larger dowries because they feel they are entitled to it. Unless women dont bother too much about marriage as an absolute necessity to be entered into even at the cost of buying grooms,very little can change.

Absolutely, men do not hesitate to demand dowry and see, those women who get married to such men wilfully, is really a pathetic state. The ladies enjoy luxury such as expensive car and all with their respective husbands at the cost of the biological family's expense. I pity these ladies and have no words to describe the so called educated men who take dowry. 

Recently there was a cricket player who was proudly displaying the Audi car or some other car given to him by his would be father in law. Giving a gift is of course personal choice the father in law may be a very rich person and may want to share part of his wealth with his daughter.But making a show of it and advertising it only sends the wrong signals and the fellow came in for a lot of negative criticism n twitter and elsewhere ..

If father wants to share his wealth with his daughter, what is wrong in it. On one hand we are talking equal right for female. on other hand we are saying that it is wrong to give gifts in marriage to daughter. If son have right of wealth of his father why daughter have not?

Anil, before jumping in to respond, please read the last part of my response...it is not about rights but the impression created in a country where dowry giving and taking is a crime..

Yes I read it, can you separate dowry and gift.

Well if you have understood good or else leave it...

@usha manohar You are correct that the act of the cricketer is extremely condemnable. People believe in show which is so repulsive. Gifting is fine but it should not become a matter of exhibition and when people give importance to expensive articles then it seems like dowry. It must be criticised and these popular figures must learn to be within a limit. They must take responsibility in curbing social evils like dowry and so on. 

Exactly, that is the whole point !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't consider discussing women's right worth discussing because they are as much citizens of the country as men so why should we make them feel small talking about their rights. We all know they have equal rights in every field.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I don't consider discussing women's right worth discussing because they are as much citizens of the country as men so why should we make them feel small talking about their rights. We all know they have equal rights in every field.

That is how it should be but it is not...even today when major decisions like buying property or selling property owned by her cannot be done single handed by a woman, either she requires endorsement from her husband or an affidavit ..I find the whole process ridiculous when they have financial freedom, are earning and capable of buying property by themselves..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Women's rights are not just as men's. There is double standard- one for men and another for women.  A man's chastity is not important. Women fear molestation and rape.  So there are some provisions to help them in case of any emergency. Men fear only robbery but not rape and molestation.  That is why there is separate help line for women.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

yeah it is true that there is more law for women in comparison to men and it is made just because to safe the women in this country.

bhuyali saroj

@ Gulshan ji - You mean men are characterless? In my views men and women are equal if caught doing wrong. Why do we hate people indulged in rape etc then?   

Babu saroj wrote:yeah it is true that there is more law for women in comparison to men and it is made just because to safe the women in this country.
The law seems tilted in favor of men because women are physically weak. The day they will hit the men on the face the law will go in their favor. 

suni51 wrote:

@ Gulshan ji - You mean men are characterless? In my views men and women are equal if caught doing wrong. Why do we hate people indulged in rape etc then?   

If men and women are doing wrong with mutual consent then both are wrong, otherwise only one is wrong.

i mean to say that in India especially strict laws are made against women so as to protect women and their gender which is slowly slowly losing its population in India

bhuyali saroj

Babu saroj wrote:

i mean to say that in India especially strict laws are made against women so as to protect women and their gender which is slowly slowly losing its population in India

What exactly do you mean by this rather meaningless statement???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.