Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

What is Hindu Law ?. I think some members need education. This is a subject taught in first-year of law degree course. Hindu law states as codified by Manu that there will be NO Divorce. In addition, marrying again is not an offence and also, many forms of marriages are recognized, like marriage by abduction. How can a uniform code be an attempt to enforce Hindu law on Muslims as stated by one of the senior commentators ? Hindu law is made redundant now. All I can say that discussion is good with a knowledgeable person, but making such preposterous comments ???? I withdraw Sir.

MG Singh wrote:

What is Hindu Law ?. I think some members need education. This is a subject taught in first-year of law degree course. Hindu law states as codified by Manu that there will be NO Divorce. In addition, marrying again is not an offence and also, many forms of marriages are recognized, like marriage by abduction. How can a uniform code be an attempt to enforce Hindu law on Muslims as stated by one of the senior commentators ? Hindu law is made redundant now. All I can say that discussion is good with a knowledgeable person, but making such preposterous comments ???? I withdraw Sir.

It can't be disputed that there is Hindu law. There are many acts regarding Hindus. Hindu law applies to Buddhists, jains, Sikhs. A few years back, Akali Dal had opposed thrusting of Hindu law on them and even tore the page in constitution that cluybs Sikhs with Hindus.  I remember that some Hindutva persons claimed that Sikhs are Keshdhari Hindus only to which Prakash Singh Badal retorted that by this argument, Muslims could be considered 'Sunnatdhaari Hindus'.

Here is a link on Hindu Law. It is no use saying that Hindus have no personal law. Undoubtedly, Muslims and Christians have their personal law.  Uniform personal law means what?  The minorities will have no personal law of their own.  Then what will happen?  What else if Hindu Law is not thrust upon them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Hindu_law

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

It can't be disputed that there is Hindu law. There are many acts regarding Hindus. Hindu law applies to Buddhists, jains, Sikhs. A few years back, Akali Dal had opposed thrusting of Hindu law on them and even tore the page in constitution that cluybs Sikhs with Hindus.  I remember that some Hindutva persons claimed that Sikhs are Keshdhari Hindus only to which Prakash Singh Badal retorted that by this argument, Muslims could be considered 'Sunnatdhaari Hindus'.

Here is a link on Hindu Law. It is no use saying that Hindus have no personal law. Undoubtedly, Muslims and Christians have their personal law.  Uniform personal law means what?  The minorities will have no personal law of their own.  Then what will happen?  What else if Hindu Law is not thrust upon them. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Hindu_law

I have withdrawn from this particular thread. All I will say in parting, you have not answered what point I had raised. Well so be it !!!!!

well every laws are made for the human well being but there are many people who used them in wrong way.

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.