There are many wonderful benefits of Jaggery (gur) including digestion and blood purification. 

https://in.style.yahoo.com/post/143830443674/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-jaggery

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I'm aware of the Health benefits of GUR, which we call as Bellam in Telugu. In my family, Gur  is being used extensively. In fact, we use Sugar and Gur too for sweetening the preparations. My favorite afternoon preparation is Peanuts and Gur. I was so  fond of Gur or bellam, I used to lift away big chunks of Bellam from my Grandma's Kitchen cabinet. Due to this reason, I have become famous by the Name, " Bellam Donga"  or Gur Chor.

Gur has a plethora of health benefits. Gur prevents digestive disorders, strengthens the Bones, aides weight loss to name a few.

In south India Jaggery is normally used for most sweet preparations and cooking instead of sugar.. In Mangalore we get at least 5 or 6 varietes of Jaggery and the slim round variety of Jaggery called Ole bella is used extensively in home medicines made for lactating mothers. We normally buy more Jaggery than sugar .

soon after delivery. download

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In many industries dealing with hazardous chemicals gur is given by the company to its workers as it has adsorbent properties to clean the windpipe and stomach of the inhaled chemicals.

vijay wrote:

In many industries dealing with hazardous chemicals gur is given by the company to its workers as it has adsorbent properties to clean the windpipe and stomach of the inhaled chemicals.

Yes gur is useful in cleaning windpipe and stomach. Not only chemicals gur is effective in cleaning windpipe and lungs of persons who are working is cement and other industries like it. Gur is also rich source of iron.

Gur or Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like Zinc and Selenium. They help in preventing free Radicals which are responsible for early ageing. Gur also helps in  boosting resistance against infections

in winter whenever i got the problem of throat paining my mother gives me a tea made with jaggery and with that i get some relief.

bhuyali saroj

in winter whenever i got the problem of throat paining my mother gives me a tea made with jaggery and with that i get some relief.

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:

Gur or Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like Zinc and Selenium. They help in preventing free Radicals which are responsible for early ageing. Gur also helps in  boosting resistance against infections

Gur is also helpful in sleeplessness problem. Eat some Gur with warm milk.

does excessive consumption of jaggery cause any health problem or not. i think it doesn't and on the other side i think it can be because mostly child are very fond of eating jaggery.

bhuyali saroj

As far as Calorific count is concerned, the calories in sugar are the same as in Jaggery. So, if you are Diabetic or dieting, you need to keep a close watch, you need to take care on your intake. Excessive amounts of Potassium can cause Kidney problems.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.