The topic is locked.

How the thought process changes if you read only on computers. It is researched that those reading on laptop/ computer think less on abstract issue involved and go for more details rather. 

http://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/life-style/reading-on-tablets-and-laptops-may-change-the-way-you-think/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Change is the rule of life and this is one such instance.. our lifestyle and comprehension levels have been tested and undergone many changes before and will go through many more in the future. But if the change is not beneficial then we need to try and make amends..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Change is the rule of life and this is one such instance.. our lifestyle and comprehension levels have been tested and undergone many changes before and will go through many more in the future. But if the change is not beneficial then we need to try and make amends..

Yes it right that everything is changing continuously. God give us power of adoption, so we must be adopt changes which are suitable for us. This study is about reading habit, no doubt reading physical books are better than digital form of books. We can concentrait well when we read physical books.

Reading habit itself has come down after computers took over our lives. In that context any reading habit is good whether  it is books, kindle or reading e-books or reading online..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

now a day many of the people like to read news in the internet so they took the help of electronic gadgets. the thought process changes every time we read because we gain knowledge. 

bhuyali saroj

I feel that computer and internet are only inputs and facilitate information. Human mind processes the information just a computer processor would do. Computer has removed the drudgery of routine calculations and reading from voluminous books.  The time for reading and getting inputs is reduced so that there is ample time to think of solutions and take decisions or form opinions.  

Reading from the computer or through E Book readers will lead to Eye related problems. My I pad has this E- Book reading feature. But I never use it. Reading a real News paper early in the morning, while sipping a cup of fuming coffee or reading a Book written by my favorite author lying comfortably on my bed  are entirely different propositions. By all means, I avoid reading on a computer.

rambabu wrote:

Reading from the computer or through E Book readers will lead to Eye related problems. My I pad has this E- Book reading feature. But I never use it. Reading a real News paper early in the morning, while sipping a cup of fuming coffee or reading a Book written by my favorite author lying comfortably on my bed  are entirely different propositions. By all means, I avoid reading on a computer.

yes sir very good point you had said that reading in the electronic gadgets harms the eye, i think we should read books and newspaper on paper instead of reading books and newspaper in electronic gadgets 

bhuyali saroj

Personally, I feel tiresome reading paper books especially in professional work.  It is very tiresome and time consuming to go through so many books and link issues and cases from paper index.  It is easy to find the relevant legal position and decided cases on electronic media. The time saved is very significant. One week on books equals half day on electronic library/ internet.  

Yeah off course time is saved in electronic device but at the same time we are harming our eyes too

bhuyali saroj

Sometime back, while I was traveling by train, I took my I Pad along with me because there was a provision for Wifi in the train. My I Pad has a provision for E Book reading. While I was trying to read a news item, I felt giddiness. I immediately  stopped reading and bought a News paper and started reading. It was comfortable. Gradually the feeling of giddiness disappeared. But I consulted a Doctor after that and explained the situation. The Doctor advised me to stop reading  using E Book reading henceforth.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.