Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Well said. A monkey with a Razor misuses degree.

Most of our politician have degree but they have not knowledge of subject in which they are graduate or post graduate.

It means such degrees are bought degrees. Degrees can be bought in the market for a price

Politicians and price, what a jokegrinning.png Sir ji they got degree by using unfair means, cheating, Tamncha or Rampuri

Anil, Politicians will do anything including mass copying to call thermoses as Degree holders. It is true.  sad state of affairs,

vijay wrote:

@Gulshan What about a person who has a genuine degree but has fake knowledge?

If somebody has real degree, he cannot be accused of crime of holding fake degree. Knowledge is something abstract. Knowledge can help one to grow and prosper. I know some who have no degree in law but work as consultant in taxation because of robust knowledge and experience.  One who has degree but no knowledge and competence will be failure in life. There are many advocates in court who know nothing except recommending clients to successful advocates and getting something in return.  

Knowledge, skill  and experience helps more than mere degree. But still you need degree as this is mandatory for certain jobs. You cannot work as a doctor unless you have appropriate degree inspite of knowledge and experience. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
vijay wrote:

If somebody has real degree, he cannot be accused of crime of holding fake degree. Knowledge is something abstract. Knowledge can help one to grow and prosper. I know some who have no degree in law but work as consultant in taxation because of robust knowledge and experience.  One who has degree but no knowledge and competence will be failure in life. There are many advocates in court who know nothing except recommending clients to successful advocates and getting something in return.  

Knowledge, skill  and experience helps more than mere degree. But still you need degree as this is mandatory for certain jobs. You cannot work as a doctor unless you have appropriate degree inspite of knowledge and experience. 

My question is, All degree holders are epitome of knowledge ? All non Degree  holders are Donkeys ? My opinion is knowledge is certainly important. If a degree provides the all important knowledge, there is nothing like it. Otherwise such Degrees are useless. All in all, I consider knowledge only matters. I don't have a Degree or Diploma from an Art School. But, Vizag Steel Plant in AP, has given me the Job of Manager, Visual arts.

Which party was in power when you got a job without  a degree, would be interesting to know?

We are talking about the necessity of a Degree. Not about Political parties. I request you to stick to the content of the thread.

A degree has always been important in the Indian context more so for government jobs, however , if a job is given for someone without qualifications it was probably under sympathetic grounds, where the person will be at a level where managerial decisions will not be possible and also because of caste considerations ..Simply because someone is good at something does not get one a job without the proper qualifications..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

My question is, All degree holders are epitome of knowledge ? All non Degree  holders are Donkeys ? My opinion is knowledge is certainly important. If a degree provides the all important knowledge, there is nothing like it. Otherwise such Degrees are useless. All in all, I consider knowledge only matters. I don't have a Degree or Diploma from an Art School. But, Vizag Steel Plant in AP, has given me the Job of Manager, Visual arts.

I agree with you.  A degree is a formal document certifying certain level of knowledge. This is mandatory for certain appointments. You cannot be company auditor unless you are a chartered accountant. But it is possible that knowledge and skill of formally qualified may be less than that of a non qualified person.  One needs to constantly update his skill and knowledge.  

But here the issue is that fake degree is undesirable. If you have no degree, better to say that you have none. I am happy that you got notable achievement by dint of your merit.  Mere degree is no guarantee of actual knowledge and skill. skill is like a knife that needs constant sharpening. 

rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

I agree with you.  A degree is a formal document certifying certain level of knowledge. This is mandatory for certain appointments. You cannot be company auditor unless you are a chartered accountant. But it is possible that knowledge and skill of formally qualified may be less than that of a non qualified person.  One needs to constantly update his skill and knowledge.  

But here the issue is that fake degree is undesirable. If you have no degree, better to say that you have none. I am happy that you got notable achievement by dint of your merit.  Mere degree is no guarantee of actual knowledge and skill. skill is like a knife that needs constant sharpening. 

I did the same in my interview at the Vizag Steel plant. I declared in no uncertain terms that I don't have any art related Qualification. But, the then chief of the Personnel Department said that he had seen my portfolio of my works and was confident that I can serve the organization's objectives. It's not all, I was sent to the most leading Advertising Agencies like R.K. Swamy for advanced training in Web designing and Visual Arts.

rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

I did the same in my interview at the Vizag Steel plant. I declared in no uncertain terms that I don't have any art related Qualification. But, the then chief of the Personnel Department said that he had seen my portfolio of my works and was confident that I can serve the organization's objectives. It's not all, I was sent to the most leading Advertising Agencies like R.K. Swamy for advanced training in Web designing and Visual Arts.

I once again congratulate and wish you all the best. 

Thank you said by: rambabu
rambabu wrote:
rambabu wrote:
vijay wrote:

I once again congratulate and wish you all the best. 

Thank you sir. Very few realize the merit. Perhaps, the Management too thought in the same way. Even now, I'm doing free lancing Web designing for a couple of Agencies.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.