Chanting 'Om'  and some other shlokas is part of Yoga day celebration. What more proof we need of attempt to thrust Hindutva on all. Is this not clear breach of secularism enshrined in Indian constitution?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/ugc-writes-to-varsities-on-yoga-day-govts-yoga-protocol-says-chant-om-opposition-protests-2806086/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I blame the UGC. Chanting OM or any other such Slokas while performing Yoga is not true. UGC's foolishness is cleanly visible in this case. I'm a regular practitioner of Yoga. I never chant OM. Chanting of OM has health benefits. While chanting OM, all the openings of Ear, Nose an throat are opened and cures all the ailments related to Ear, Nose and throat. Above all OM is not connected with any religion or sect.Hence the question of forcing Hindutva is mere fallacy I know many Muslims performing Yoga.

Chanting of Om during Yoga is purely voluntary. Even if it is in the circular it is a suggestion. There is no compulsion on anyone to do yoga or chant OM. Let us not stretch secularism too much for it to rupture. The Hindus and Muslims who come on TV debates are doing a disservice to yoga and Hinduism. Yoga is a contribution of Hindus and they have a right to propagate it as they see it fit. Those who do not like it can keep away from it.

There is no need to thrust Hindutva in India which is after all a Hindu nation and Hinduism  is there around us and all over the place, like it or not... More and more reasons emerge to give up on this sham of communalism in the name of secularism that our country was forced to practice for so many years and let people decide what exactly they want ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
vijay wrote:

Chanting of Om during Yoga is purely voluntary. Even if it is in the circular it is a suggestion. There is no compulsion on anyone to do yoga or chant OM. Let us not stretch secularism too much for it to rupture. The Hindus and Muslims who come on TV debates are doing a disservice to yoga and Hinduism. Yoga is a contribution of Hindus and they have a right to propagate it as they see it fit. Those who do not like it can keep away from it.

Yoga is for better health, every person like to live healthy. It is not matter what is religion.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

Yoga is for better health, every person like to live healthy. It is not matter what is religion.

Yoga has no religion. It has the universal  appeal. Even in foreign countries too Yoga is favored irrespective of the religion.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

Yoga has no religion. It has the universal  appeal. Even in foreign countries too Yoga is favored irrespective of the religion.

In these day it is practice and some person are habitual of association every thing which have connection with Hindu, saffron. For these person saffron color is only used by Hindus.

In all Yoga classes the chanting of Om is given due importance but I have not heard of any other shlokas at least in a couple of Yoga camps I attended. However it is clearly written in this article that it is not mandatory so where is the saffron agenda? T !his is a true case of making mountain out of a mole hill

Even as an official of the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) clarified that participants were not mandated to chant “Om” or the shlokas, political parties reacted strongly...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

In all Yoga classes the chanting of Om is given due importance but I have not heard of any other shlokas at least in a couple of Yoga camps I attended. However it is clearly written in this article that it is not mandatory so where is the saffron agenda? T !his is a true case of making mountain out of a mole hill

Even as an official of the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) clarified that participants were not mandated to chant “Om” or the shlokas, political parties reacted strongly..

Some persons don't try to understand that all therapies are for the betterment of human being. It is not fair to associate these with religion. It coming they may be associate Ayurveda with Hindus and give it new name saffron therapy..

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Even as an official of the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) clarified that participants were not mandated to chant “Om” or the shlokas, political parties reacted strongly..

Some persons don't try to understand that all therapies are for the betterment of human being. It is not fair to associate these with religion. It coming they may be associate Ayurveda with Hindus and give it new name saffron therapy..

LOL. Yes, some ignorant people may call all therapies of India as Saffron therapies. It is a shame. Yoga is born in India. Owing to ignorance, people of India do not know the significance of Yoga and OM.

Now all the people of India do not know significance of yoga and Om. Great observation. Feeling sleepy perhaps.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.