Most of us are addicted to Facebook and make our comments freely. But can an I.A.S. officer enjoy this privilege. Certainly not. An I.A.S. learnt this hard way. 

https://in.news.yahoo.com/days-transfer-ias-officer-told-040000829.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We all know that IAS officers have certain responsibilities towards the ruling party and the nation and any damngerous insinuation like calling for arevolution is anti national and it is the step in the right direction that he has only been transferred but not jailed. However we had the famous case of Ashok Khemka who was targeted time and again for simply bringing out the details of illegal land deals of Vadra who happened to be the son in law of Sonia Gandhi ! If an IAS officer can be targeted for being honest and exposing corrupt practices I see nothing wrong in transferring someone who is coming up with inflammatory posts on twitter !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Personally, I think any govt. servant should refrain from writing in journals or internet anything except literary work. I am aware that govt. employees are not allowed even to write letters to Editor. It appears that these days officers do not care about conduct rules.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Usha is wrong in stating that IAS have certain responsibilities towards the ruling party. In fact they have none. It is because some of them assume so that rot starts. Such IAS's are exploited by politicians and re4warded with plum postings. If that was the case why was Khemka going against the then ruling party. He was rightly following the law for which a vindictive government was punishing him.

@ vijay , you are right, My wording may have been wrong  , what I actually meant was that the IAS officers have certain responsibilities towards their office, which is dealing with national issues , it also includes law and order and security of the country. Of course they have to have the freedom to bring any wrongdoings to the notice of concerned authorities which is what Ashok Khemka did ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: vijay

I agree with Gulshanji, all government servants should be apolitical . Once they have political ambitions, governance will suffer. The civil regulations are clear on that.

Gulshanji rightly said that no government officer should indulge in writing or expressing his views on media or net. In this particular case IAS officer in MP, Ajaysingh Gangwar posted in FB calling for a people's revolution against PM, Narendra Modi. This is a clear cut violation of the rule Public servants should not express their views taking sides publicly or on the net.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
MG Singh wrote:

I agree with Gulshanji, all government servants should be apolitical . Once they have political ambitions, governance will suffer. The civil regulations are clear on that.

But situation is reverse. Hers in my city present MLA is not of ruling party, so colletor of Ganganagar never treat her fairly. For him siting MLA is MLA of my Ganganagar.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The IAS are generally  neutral in  expression of their political affiliations. It is only a few who see opportunities in siding with ruling party which give a bad name to the fraternity.

Link article clearly stated that Ajaysingh Gangwar, talked in favor of Nehru and condemning Modi in his FB post. The concerned IAS definitely deserves a disciplinary action.

this type of an higher post officer rank man should be concious what he is saying and not. but i think he is also a human and human do mistakes.

bhuyali saroj

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.