The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

As much I know saffron needs chilly weaher during flowering time. I have personally seen the saffron farming in Anantnag district of J&K. But who knows if they have developed a new technique!

Now the things are changed. Saffron blooms in Deserts too. Saffron travelled from Kashmir to Jaisalmer. Chattar Singh of Delasar Village succeeded in cultivation of Saffron

Here agriculture department also trying for farming of Pistachios. In future you can eat Rajasthani Pistachios.

Open deserts do get chiilly in winter. But the point is yield and the flavour. Even in Kashmir Valley it is limited to a very small area.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

As much I know saffron needs chilly weaher during flowering time. I have personally seen the saffron farming in Anantnag district of J&K. But who knows if they have developed a new technique!

Now the things are changed. Saffron blooms in Deserts too. Saffron travelled from Kashmir to Jaisalmer. Chattar Singh of Delasar Village succeeded in cultivation of Saffron

Here agriculture department also trying for farming of Pistachios. In future you can eat Rajasthani Pistachios.

THey might be successful in harvesting saffron and then pistachios but I am sure the quality and taste would not be same. There is a reason why certain things grow only in specific parts of the world.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

However I would be happy to see if they manage to cultivate such produces in Rajasthan. That will be a great help for bringing prosperity to farmers of the area, quality is secondary matter.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

THey might be successful in harvesting saffron and then pistachios but I am sure the quality and taste would not be same. There is a reason why certain things grow only in specific parts of the world.

Yes, Saffron cultivation needs very cold conditions. Which is why until now  only in Himalayan regions and Kashmir Saffron is being  was cultivated. But a miracle happened in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. Chattar Singh, the man behind Saffron cultivation got 90 seeds of Saffron in last October at a cost of Rs. 200 per seed. In November, he started cultivation of Saffron. In this process he had to undergo many difficulties. But his efforts paid.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/good-governance/rajasthan/In-a-first-saffron-blooms-in-desert-field/articleshow/47148047.cms

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

now because of some knowledge which is getting inside of farmers day by day, and giving them confident to grow what they want to grow.

bhuyali saroj

suni51 wrote:

However I would be happy to see if they manage to cultivate such produces in Rajasthan. That will be a great help for bringing prosperity to farmers of the area, quality is secondary matter.

Yes it is the point. Quality may be some inferior but prosperity of farmers is assured. And more people can use these costly products.

anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Yes it is the point. Quality may be some inferior but prosperity of farmers is assured. And more people can use these costly products.

Over a period, i think the quality also improves.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Over a period, i think the quality also improves.

Why not, improvement is continue process and it human nature to improve them self for better results.

Saffron is native to Greece and nearby mediterranean areas and Spain. Later it was brought to North Africa and Asia. Since it is very expensive even cultivating it in a small area would be very profitable. Saffron grown in Spain, Iran and Kashmir are considered to be of top quality ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.