Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Where was Mubarak Begum singing? I think in movies.

Yes. She sang in Movies. But her voice is unsuitable for  today's heroines  Even Shamshad Begum and Salma Agha despite having good voice, they could bot last for a long time.

Shamshad Begum was one of the top singers in the fifties and sixties and went on to sing under OP Nayyar right until the seventies in films like Kismet ( Kajra muhobbatwala) and a few other films. But Salma Agha was nowhere near any of these singers since she went off key, so naturally faded away !

Some of the very beautiful songs that Mubarak Begum has sung and the ones I particularly like are Neend ud jaaye teri chain se sonewale, a duet with Lata Mangeshkar and Chah karni thi chah kar baithe again a duet with asha Bhosle , Zara kehedo fizaon se with Talat Mehmood and Mere aansuon pe na  muskura a solo composed by Dattaram..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Mubarak Brgum sang in some movies like Arab Ka Sitara. Because that movie failed, her song went unnoticed.

i pray may her soul rest in peace

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:

Yes. She sang in Movies. But her voice is unsuitable for  today's heroines  Even Shamshad Begum and Salma Agha despite having good voice, they could bot last for a long time.

What is difference between today's and past heroines. Both are females, Indeed trend was changed when Lata started singing. Voice of these singers may not suitable but people like still to listed songs of these singers.

Watch and listen this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBthDTld1k

usha manohar wrote:

Shamshad Begum was one of the top singers in the fifties and sixties and went on to sing under OP Nayyar right until the seventies in films like Kismet ( Kajra muhobbatwala) and a few other films. But Salma Agha was nowhere near any of these singers since she went off key, so naturally faded away !

Some of the very beautiful songs that Mubarak Begum has sung and the ones I particularly like are Neend ud jaaye teri chain se sonewale, a duet with Lata Mangeshkar and Chah karni thi chah kar baithe again a duet with asha Bhosle , Zara kehedo fizaon se with Talat Mehmood and Mere aansuon pe na  muskura a solo composed by Dattaram..

Listen, Bemurwat Bewafa Beganey Dil Bat AAP, it is song of Sushila,combination of Beautiful poetry and voice of Mubrak Begum.

Mubarak Begum, Shamshad Begum Salma Agha,Kamal Barot, though had good voices, they could not stand the stiff competition. Even Sudha Malhotra could not remain  for a long time. Only Lata and Asha could survive because of their universal appeal in their voice.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Listen, Bemurwat Bewafa Beganey Dil Bat AAP, it is song of Sushila,combination of Beautiful poetry and voice of Mubrak Begum.

Yes of course I know the song since it is quite well known and popular...A few years back, Mubarak Begum was in a very bad state finding it difficult to meet her medical expenses , one of the music forums where I was a member collected some money from all the members and handed it over to her. Later many people spoke up for her and the government gave some sort of a pension to her.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes of course I know the song since it is quite well known and popular...A few years back, Mubarak Begum was in a very bad state finding it difficult to meet her medical expenses , one of the music forums where I was a member collected some money from all the members and handed it over to her. Later many people spoke up for her and the government gave some sort of a pension to her.

That was very nice of you and your friends. It is so sad that the culture of our country is such that truly talented are ignored and have to get financial help from others whereas those with no talent earn crores of rupees.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.