Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

She Had a very miserable life especially during  her last days. Mubarak Begum's daughter died due to Parkinson Disease. Thereafter , Mubarak begum's own health took a serious down turn. During this period, Salman Khan from the  Hindi film industry. Lata too extended Financial support to Mubarak Begum. Additionally a few Charitable trusts helped Mubarak begum for her medical expenses.

Some of her memorable renditions are still living in the hearts of music lovers. She sang along with Lata and Shamshad begum, "Husn Ki baarat in Myghal e Azam, Naushad scored the music.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Shamshad Begum was one of the top singers in the fifties and sixties and went on to sing under OP Nayyar right until the seventies in films like Kismet ( Kajra muhobbatwala) and a few other films. But Salma Agha was nowhere near any of these singers since she went off key, so naturally faded away !

Some of the very beautiful songs that Mubarak Begum has sung and the ones I particularly like are Neend ud jaaye teri chain se sonewale, a duet with Lata Mangeshkar and Chah karni thi chah kar baithe again a duet with asha Bhosle , Zara kehedo fizaon se with Talat Mehmood and Mere aansuon pe na  muskura a solo composed by Dattaram..

Listen, Bemurwat Bewafa Beganey Dil Bat AAP, it is song of Sushila,combination of Beautiful poetry and voice of Mubrak Begum.

Yes of course I know the song since it is quite well known and popular...A few years back, Mubarak Begum was in a very bad state finding it difficult to meet her medical expenses , one of the music forums where I was a member collected some money from all the members and handed it over to her. Later many people spoke up for her and the government gave some sort of a pension to her.

That was very nice of you and your friends. It is so sad that the culture of our country is such that truly talented are ignored and have to get financial help from others whereas those with no talent earn crores of rupees.

Individually it was small contributions by the members but collectively it did make a tidy sum that must have helped her ..I feel that the old singers and actors should be helped out by the so called great stars of today who are rolling in money not knowing what to do with it.. Today's actors are much better off even if they do not become super stars .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Coming to the rescue of movie stars when they are in  bad condition , financially took place in Telugu film industry too. An actor known as Rajanal known for his villain roles, fell sick and he was not left with a single paisa to bear the medical expenses.Astonishingly,  the help came not  from the established movie actors, but from  those small time actors who work as Extras.

It is the small time actors and extras who are human because they too are sailing in the same boat unlike the big stars who don't have the time nor the inclination to look down at ordinary folks or people in distress 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It doesn't matter, if one is an Extra  or Established actor. Only thing that matters is One should have that humane quality to lend a helping hand to those who are in distress.

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Shamshad Begum was one of the top singers in the fifties and sixties and went on to sing under OP Nayyar right until the seventies in films like Kismet ( Kajra muhobbatwala) and a few other films. But Salma Agha was nowhere near any of these singers since she went off key, so naturally faded away !

Some of the very beautiful songs that Mubarak Begum has sung and the ones I particularly like are Neend ud jaaye teri chain se sonewale, a duet with Lata Mangeshkar and Chah karni thi chah kar baithe again a duet with asha Bhosle , Zara kehedo fizaon se with Talat Mehmood and Mere aansuon pe na  muskura a solo composed by Dattaram..

Listen, Bemurwat Bewafa Beganey Dil Bat AAP, it is song of Sushila,combination of Beautiful poetry and voice of Mubrak Begum.

Yes of course I know the song since it is quite well known and popular...A few years back, Mubarak Begum was in a very bad state finding it difficult to meet her medical expenses , one of the music forums where I was a member collected some money from all the members and handed it over to her. Later many people spoke up for her and the government gave some sort of a pension to her.

Your deed is Noble one, Indeed when we helps some one we helps our self. 

The attitude of helping others who need help is really commendable. This attitude comes from within. Mubarak Begum was helped from not only from the actors like Salman Khan ,but from many voluntary organizations.

rambabu wrote:

The attitude of helping others who need help is really commendable. This attitude comes from within. Mubarak Begum was helped from not only from the actors like Salman Khan ,but from many voluntary organizations.

What I read in news papers, looking she was needs more what she got.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

What I read in news papers, looking she was needs more what she got.

May be. But her ailment was a chronic one. At this stage, even if she had got the required amount of medicines or monetary help,it would not have worked.

Many older film artists and singers have gone through difficult times because they did not earn enough or were not wise enough to save when the going was good. Recently, I was reading about another very talented singer/actress Sulakshana Pandit in similar circumstances where she was just about managing to survive.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.