Smoking is harmful to health. This is statutory warning. But is this only harmful?  Now it is researched that smoking helps fight obesity and brain damage.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/nicotine-could-help-combat-dementia-080053954.html

 


G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    Sir, my father died due to excess smoking. He lost his memory and  impaired reasoning. That is Dementia. Can you please let me know other details about How actually Smoking can be Beneficial.


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    The article gives more than enough details...this is very interesting information, however everything done within limits cannot cause damage , be it consuming liquor or smoking. What is needed is restraint and not get addicted..


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    Smoking is generally speaking harmful and injurious to health.  Nobody talks of any benefits of smoking. In fact, I would not have begun the thread if the link did not give some contrary thought. I'm also surprised at the supposed benefits of smoking. All smokers are not free from obesity. Also many smokers do not have good memory as well.  But it is always good to know contrary opinions as well. 


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    The  Team of Researchers said that Smoking leads to many Health problems . Even if there are any   benefits of Smoking, the harms are more than the 'Benefits., Further, the Team clearly said, the Team  will not encourage people.to smoke. As I said earlier my father has become a victim of excessive Smoking.


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

    Smoking is generally speaking harmful and injurious to health.  Nobody talks of any benefits of smoking. In fact, I would not have begun the thread if the link did not give some contrary thought. I'm also surprised at the supposed benefits of smoking. All smokers are not free from obesity. Also many smokers do not have good memory as well.  But it is always good to know contrary opinions as well. 

    Anything in excess is bad including coffee , tea and sugar which most  households cannot think of livng without. Similarly, I know of people within my own family well into their eighties remaining as fit and healthy as ever , who have been controlled smokers all tjeir life. My uncle smokes two cigarettes a day and on Thursdays he does not eat meat nor smoke. He is in his mid eighties and plays tennis  twice or thrice week, walks 3-4 kms every day. It is basically the usage that matters and addiction is bad in any form..

     


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


    Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    Not only smoking use of tobacco in any form is harmful for health.


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    anil wrote:

    Not only smoking use of tobacco in any form is harmful for health.

    True. All tobacco based products like Kkhaini, Gutkha are equally harmful for Health. Even though warnings on Health damage are written on these products, the Habit goes on. Tobacco is the single greatest cause for Cancer death allover the World.

     


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    anil wrote:

    Not only smoking use of tobacco in any form is harmful for health.

    True. All tobacco based products like Kkhaini, Gutkha are equally harmful for Health. Even though warnings on Health damage are written on these products, the Habit goes on. Tobacco is the single greatest cause for Cancer death allover the World.

    It is true that tobacco cause cancer and we should avoid. But still many smoke and do not necessarily get cancer. If cancer was sure, every one would have given up smoking. 

     


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    Smoking  is 100% injurious to health in many ways then only causing cancer. There can be no benefit from smoking. As to ,many smokers leading good lives, yes, it is true and could be because probabilistically their body systems are able to  withstand harmful effects of smoking better. However  that is no reason for others to start smoking or stop trying to give it up. However Rambabu's contention that his father unfortunately  contracted dementia because of smoking is not right. I know of two relatives suffering from dementia and they had never smoked. Dementia is an age related disease


  • Re: some benefits of smoking

    by » 6 years ago


    vijay wrote:

    Smoking  is 100% injurious to health in many ways then only causing cancer. There can be no benefit from smoking. As to ,many smokers leading good lives, yes, it is true and could be because probabilistically their body systems are able to  withstand harmful effects of smoking better. However  that is no reason for others to start smoking or stop trying to give it up. However Rambabu's contention that his father unfortunately  contracted dementia because of smoking is not right. I know of two relatives suffering from dementia and they had never smoked. Dementia is an age related disease

    We need consider why many continue smoking despite statutory warning. No doubt smoking is very harmful. This causes cancer. But it is also a fact that every smoker does not get cancer and many die of cancer in spite of never touching cigarette. Smoking may be giving temporary enjoyment and helping concentration. Cancer or death from smoking is likely but not certain. That is why many risk by smoking. 

     


    G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
    http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.