Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

There is no uniform civil code for marriage, inheritance etc. There are community based personal law.  Reforms must come from within respective communities and not from others. Interference with personal law of community by others can create trouble and disharmony. 

I think we need to draw a line between religious practices which would remain untouched when UCC is implemented and civil laws. If all countries could practice this what is so special about India? It is what has been dinned into our minds by the erstwhile leaders who were openly communal and we need to change this mindset to have harmony and equality, which is what the present govt is trying, better late than never 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We must be clear on nationhood. No nation can survive with a plethora of laws for different communities and religions. I haven't seen a single country from China to USA, who have separate laws for religious sects. China even bans fasting during Ramadan as it is detrimental to health. here we have people who champion separate laws for communities. This is a sure sin that India will break up. I wonder these people realize this.I am a globe trotter and triple talaq in Canada and USA merits a jail term. This is so in most nations. When will our pseudo intellectuals see reason?

There is no uniform civil code for marriage, inheritance etc. There are community based personal law.  Reforms must come from within respective communities and not from others. Interference with personal law of community by others can create trouble and disharmony. 

It is right that there is not uniform civil code for marriage but in some state registeration of marriage is compulsory. Here in my city most of couple get register their marriage with registerar of marriage.

anil wrote:

It is right that there is not uniform civil code for marriage but in some state registration of marriage is compulsory. Here in my city most of couple get register their marriage with registrar of marriage.

Registration of marriage is compulsory in U.P. also but the ceremony is performed according to community practice and the law on divorce/ marriage applies according to community affiliation. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The Supreme court issued a notice to the Center on the plea of a Muslim woman, challenging the Constitutional validity of triple Talaq.. The Petitioner, Ishrat Jahan appealed that divorce through spoken words, violated fundamental rights guaranteed under Constitution.

Many older religious practices have been reformed in a changing and progressive society. Sati and early child marriages were prevalent in Hinduism. But the modern society raised against such draconian practices and banned them. Triple talaq got banned in Islamic countries. In India also progressive Muslims are in favor of banning it. They see it as gender equality. But this is the ill fate of secular country like India where the religious freedom is misused and minority card is played to stop things happening in direction of progressive society. Though I can say with certainty that most of our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters are in favor of it, it is this handful of people ( which is common to all religion) who are self acclaimed care takers of a religion , they make all hues and cries and produce points which hold no water in modern society. 

If it is against Islam, why Islamic nations banned it?

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Now the situation is different. Most of the Muslim women are against Triple  Talaq. Have a look at my previous response where in I said, Supreme Court is against triple Talaq.

Any thinking individual can see that both marriage and divorce regardless of religion have social significance. Unless they are brought under a uniform code there are bound to be even more serious repercussion...it is a shame that the previous govts not only did not implement this but now are bent on appeasing the minorities and the funny thing is the so called rationals who are ready to ridicule any and every practice followed by Hinduism but are ready to side with every corrupt practice of the minorities. I feel more than the minorities, it is these psuedos who have totally conmunalised and divided our society along with the Congress party

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Any thinking individual can see that both marriage and divorce regardless of religion have social significance. Unless they are brought under a uniform code there are bound to be even more serious repercussion...it is a shame that the previous govts not only did not implement this but now are bent on appeasing the minorities and the funny thing is the so called rationals who are ready to ridicule any and every practice followed by Hinduism but are ready to side with every corrupt practice of the minorities. I feel more than the minorities, it is these psuedos who have totally conmunalised and divided our society along with the Congress party

True...especially now are the times when because of education and globalization, communities are becoming homogenised more and more than in the past when girls and boys were largely segregated and not allowed to mingle together. The world is now coming closer and attempts to stick to traditions rigidly would only lead to conflicts and deter any progress. It is a time when there is an increased need for uniform laws and therefore, no matter, what the opposition, the redundant laws related to talaq etc. need to be discarded. Sticking to them will only bring more conflicts.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Over 50, 000 Muslim women and Men had signed a petition seeking a ban on Triple Talaq. Bharatiya Muslim Mahila Andolan, sought the National Commission for Women's intervention to end this Triple Talaq which is UnQuaranic practice. The Triple Talaq has been abolished in 21 Countries including Pakistan. But it is still prevalent in India. It is high time the practice of  Triple Talaq  is scrapped.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.