How bizarre is the practice of offering blood- even children's - to deities in temples!

https://in.news.yahoo.com/temple-where-childrens-blood-offered-152721604.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is disheartening to see such practices still prevailing in the name of religion and tradition. No religion calls for such heinous act and it should be ridiculed. These are just practices and ritual which make us God fearing and should be criticized and questioned by any logical person. Religion always teaches to be God Loving and work towards love, harmony and peace.  

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

When you write temples it could be misinterpreted because this practice which is definitely bizarre , is practiced only in one temple as mentioned in the article and nowhere else.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The irony however lies with the fact that despite of modernization and education, these practices do not cease because it is passed on like a tradition and even educated minds blindly follow it and fail to question. The God fearing trait is passed on from generation to generation. It is shameful for a progressing nation in a progressive world.

Whether in one temple or more, the practice should still be questioned and criticized. If not this then some other ill practice in some other religious place. It is high time to call off any such practice in any religious place in any corner of our country. 

It is purely superstition. It is duty of government to stop it.

Marx had said Religion is the opium of the masses. It's true in India

Really religion when succumbs to ill practices it has an affect of opium. When you know any religion in true sense, you will avoid such practices. Government can and should have strict laws against such practices but the success of them lies in the social. educational and true religious awareness of the people.

anil wrote:

It is purely superstition. It is duty of government to stop it.

Yes it is a superstition. Such practices should be condemned and thrown out. We in South, especially in my State AP, there is no such practice as offering Children blood to the deity.

If members take the trouble to read the link article, they will be able to understand that it refers to this practice that takes place in one temple only, not anywhere else..so there is no need to bring in southern states or ones own state ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Quoting an example to ensure that there are no such incidences of offering blood of the children to the deities any where, is not a wrong thing.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.