Mao wrote an immortal quote " Political Power comes out of the barrel of a gun". China followed this and now is a world power of which even the USA is wary. One reason for this state of affairs where India cannot even pressurize Nepal( It is conducting military exercises with China) is lack of decisive military power.  Modi also like Nehru has no realization that " a contented military is the cornerstone of world power". In India, we have the sad spectacle of an agitation still going on at Janata Mantar for proper sanction of OROP as per Koshiari commission. Can anyone think of such an agitation by armed forces esx servicemen in USA, China, UK-Russia etc? It's a shame and all discussions are infructuose till Modi addresses this issue. It lowers army morale and in long run will not help India t all, Modi or no Modi. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Power flows from barrel of gun according to Maoism whereas Indians believe in power of ballot.  But author of this thread has given entirely new meaning to the famous quote of Mao. Undoubtedly, military strength is must and we must have contended  military. I agree.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If we are to follow Maoism any kind of agitation will be dealt with force so also the OROP. I feel that Democracy is the only kind of rule that gives freedom to individuals although even there we have limitations

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you Gulshanji, so nice that you have hit the nail on the head

usha manohar wrote:

If we are to follow Maoism any kind of agitation will be dealt with force so also the OROP. I feel that Democracy is the only kind of rule that gives freedom to individuals although even there we have limitations

I agree, but one can't blunt the sword which has to be used.

It is part of stanza of Ramayan 'Bhy Bina Hoi Na Preet". It is true. If some want that other listen to them than they must be enough powerful and strong. But we also remember that India in India and not China. here is link, if it is true than our leader must be think for a moment.

http://postcard.news/bsf-video-expose-choose-truth-not-fiction/

The crux of what I have put up for discussion is that Indian leadeship must know how to be a George political force.  Mao is an example only.  There is need to be nationalist and strengthen military.  No other way.  Yes an agressive policy as well. 
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree, but one can't blunt the sword which has to be used.

When necessary one has to use force but where does one draw the line ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

China has not become an economic power by following Mao. It has in fact become so by rejecting his doctrines and adopting the market driven model of economy. Mao was a mass murderer who killed millions in his failed Great Leap Forward experiment when his country was going nowhere in development. The power grows from barrell of a gun statement was made when he was a revolutionery and wanted to capture power. The economic wealth has made China a military power. Why is MGS always preaching wrong advice quoting out of context from foreigners? Why is he so distressed with the humane but slow Indian model?

vijay wrote:

China has not become an economic power by following Mao. It has in fact become so by rejecting his doctrines and adopting the market driven model of economy. Mao was a mass murderer who killed millions in his failed Great Leap Forward experiment when his country was going nowhere in development. The power grows from barrell of a gun statement was made when he was a revolutionery and wanted to capture power. The economic wealth has made China a military power. Why is MGS always preaching wrong advice quoting out of context from foreigners? Why is he so distressed with the humane but slow Indian model?

Last time I checked (in the Indo-pak relations topic),  you were advocating an aggressive form of govt and were totally against the 'humane but slow' Indian model.  

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

You are confused. Last time I was advocating a tough policy against anti national and Pakistanis. Mao acted against his own people and thus I am supporting the humane but slow Indian model. Hope you understand and are not rushing to score debating points.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.