The topic is locked.

Happy Holi to all fellow members. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Wishing you the same Sunil and other members..we don't celebrate Holi in my place although i wish we had since it seems like a lot of fun ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Happy holi to you all! I used to celebrate holi but its no longer so much fun any more. We used to have natural colours and the purpose used to be just having fun. Now the colours are not safe, they smell disgusting and won't come off for days.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Same here, I have also lost interest in Holi as well. The Holi is going on full blast outside but I am here posting on different sites. I am only taking visitors and playing dry Holi if someone comes and meets me here where I am sitting.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Holi has now been reduced to merely applying some dry powder and then standing in a circle talking about nirav modi and banks.

Happy holi to all!! I can still remember the fun I had in my childhood, applying colours to my friends. But nowadays I prefer to stay away from colours. By the way, its celebrated for 5 days in Imphal, mostly organising sports in day time and cultural events at evening

I haven't played Holi for years. Somehow the festival seems to generate interest only in North India. Happy Holi to all

Happy Holi to all!! It used to be my favorite fun festival with the huge gang of friends and cousins during by school and college days. I had the same excitement for few years after my marriage. But now the celebration is limited to cooking, cooking and cooking and cleaning post festival.

But it brings a lot of joy and smiles to see my daughters enjoying the fun and the delicacies

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

jabeen wrote:

Happy holi to all!! I can still remember the fun I had in my childhood, applying colours to my friends. But nowadays I prefer to stay away from colours. By the way, its celebrated for 5 days in Imphal, mostly organising sports in day time and cultural events at evening

That is such a different way of celebrating. I never knew it. I wonder why media never covered it. A unique way of celebrating holi in this diverse country. Thanks for sharing.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
jabeen wrote:

That is such a different way of celebrating. I never knew it. I wonder why media never covered it. A unique way of celebrating holi in this diverse country. Thanks for sharing.

Children do play with colours especially on the last day but it is losing its importance nowadays. I have written two articles in this site related to holi celebration in Imphal. 

1. The changing trend of holi celebration in Imphal

2. Sports and holi celebration in Imphal

vijay wrote:

Holi has now been reduced to merely applying some dry powder and then standing in a circle talking about nirav modi and banks.

Pretty much the same with all festivities now..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.