Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

I think Hindi is only language which every Indian can speak and understand. It is right that South Indian have problem with Hindi. Bollywood movies is like in whole India. When South Indian likes Hindi movies than what is problem with Hindi speaking peoples.

Hindi is not spoken or understood by majority of the people in south or in Northeast. Liking a movie doesn't mean that the person understand or speaks that language. Nowadays with subtitles provided for movies, its possible for a person to enjoy that movie without understanding a word. For that matter, movies from South Korea, Thailand are a rage in Manipur though hardly anyone understand these languages.

As I have mentioned earlier about my travel n most states of India including entire south, west and East I can say that most people can speak Hindi baring in rural areas where they do not come in contact with Hindi speaking people. However, as Usha has rightly mentioned that most people in South avoid speaking Hindi (even if they can) is due to unwillingness of Hindi speaking people trying to learn their languages. It's kind of reaction or protest they avoid Hindi and nothing else. If South Indians can speak 2-3 languages why should people from Hindi belt expect them to speak in Hindi.

By the way, I always made it a point to learn a few sentences of every language wherever I visited. And as Jabeen has mentioned I am glad to say that people of Sikkim speak better Hindi than most north Indians speak. I was surprised to hear they way they pronounce and speak that reminded me of the purest form of Hindi spoken by upper class Hindi speaking people of Lucknow (I was brought up in Lucknow) Also most people of most North Eastern States can speak Hindi even if it is only workable. I learned speaking Assamese, Bengali and Nagassmese that helped my stay in Eastern states. I could also speak a few sentences of all south Indian languages except Malayalam.     

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: arjun sai
suni51 wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

I think Hindi is only language which every Indian can speak and understand. It is right that South Indian have problem with Hindi. Bollywood movies is like in whole India. When South Indian likes Hindi movies than what is problem with Hindi speaking peoples.

Hindi is not spoken or understood by majority of the people in south or in Northeast. Liking a movie doesn't mean that the person understand or speaks that language. Nowadays with subtitles provided for movies, its possible for a person to enjoy that movie without understanding a word. For that matter, movies from South Korea, Thailand are a rage in Manipur though hardly anyone understand these languages.

As I have mentioned earlier about my travel n most states of India including entire south, west and East I can say that most people can speak Hindi baring in rural areas where they do not come in contact with Hindi speaking people. However, as Usha has rightly mentioned that most people in South avoid speaking Hindi (even if they can) is due to unwillingness of Hindi speaking people trying to learn their languages. It's kind of reaction or protest they avoid Hindi and nothing else. If South Indians can speak 2-3 languages why should people from Hindi belt expect them to speak in Hindi.

By the way, I always made it a point to learn a few sentences of every language wherever I visited. And as Jabeen has mentioned I am glad to say that people of Sikkim speak better Hindi than most north Indians speak. I was surprised to hear they way they pronounce and speak that reminded me of the purest form of Hindi spoken by upper class Hindi speaking people of Lucknow (I was brought up in Lucknow) Also most people of most North Eastern States can speak Hindi even if it is only workable. I learned speaking Assamese, Bengali and Nagassmese that helped my stay in Eastern states. I could also speak a few sentences of all south Indian languages except Malayalam.     

When we joined our first job in Hyderabad, we used to try to learn Telugu sentence everyday. We were able to pick up only few words because the words and sentences are very difficult to pronounce whereas Hindi has the most simplest dialect which can be easily learnt. So it is very easy for people from other languages or regions to pick up Hindi. I hope you will agree that while doing job you cannot expect us to join Telugu coaching classes ?

jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

Agree Jabeen, Hindi is not language of South and North east. Which language you think universal for whole country. Hindi is language which is used by majority of Indians. Learning language is not tough job. People who know more than one language, their brains are more active that who know only one language. I never favor that English will be common language.

suni51 wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

Personally speaking , I have no problem if Hindi is declared a national language since it is spoken by the majority of the population. But the Southern states would definitely oppose it , so, it would be better to have two national languages . Since Telugu is the second or third most spoken language , it is better to have that as a national language as well. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

Personally speaking , I have no problem if Hindi is declared a national language since it is spoken by the majority of the population. But the Southern states would definitely oppose it , so, it would be better to have two national languages . Since Telugu is the second or third most spoken language , it is better to have that as a national language as well. 

I am always interested in learning more and more language. I am a Rajasthani, and my mother language is also Rajasthani. I am perfect in speaking reading and writing Punjabi, Gurumukhi. I welcome if Telugu will declare second national language.

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
jabeen wrote:
anil wrote:

Even I agree that by having Telugu from South and Hindi from North will solve our problems to much extent. Since Telugu is understood in maximum of the Southern states. Government should also try to include both these in curriculum so that everyone can converse in both these languages.

Hindi cannot be used as a common language because of presence of various regional languages. On the other hand english can be used as common language.

Purpose of this post was just a general opinion and I am extremely sorry to Usha Mam or Sunil ji if by any means I offended someone's feelings.

Thank you said by: suni51
ASHA DEVI wrote:

Hindi cannot be used as a common language because of presence of various regional languages. On the other hand english can be used as common language.

More than 60% population are living in village and they are not aware about alphabets of English, how English will be a common language. Tamil is India language and Hindi is used in all parts of country it may be some less or more.

arjun sai wrote:

Purpose of this post was just a general opinion and I am extremely sorry to Usha Mam or Sunil ji if by any means I offended someone's feelings.

You are doing well, I think you are not offended any one feelings, Continue.blush

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.