Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@Arjun- You are most welcome to start such discussions in future as well and the fact is I really liked your topic. As matter of fact, the Telugu language is very similar to Sanskrit therefore easiest to learn out of all the South Indian languages. I have even watched Telugu movies (including ex CMs of TN) and enjoyed them even when I did not understand them fully. No, you did nothing to make me feel bad or offend me.sunglasses  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: arjun sai
usha manohar wrote:
arjun sai wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

There is actually no need for a common language as such if all the people, especially from South change their mindset. Hindi and English are widely spoken and knowing these languages will get you fairly well anywhere in India. However, what I have noticed about people from South (no offence intended) is that they have a strong dislike for Hindi and any other language apart from their own but will welcome English, this needs to change and they need to learn Hindi as well as other languages if they can.

Why I have raised this topic here is because when I was working in Kolkata and Hyderabad the locals were very rude to us (Hindi speaking people). They used to talk very harshly and the auto used to charge very high rates from us. Even the local coconut wala or cab driver used to talk impolitely. That was one of the reasons why I moved from Hyderabad. There was also the news that in Karnataka the locals defaced all the boards and hoarding which were written in Hindi. How will those people feel if we remove English from all hoarding and keep only Hindi ?

While it is a fact that nearly 43 percent of Indian population speak Hindi , the trouble with language started because of the manner in which it was used as a tool by the politicians. Hindi is the official language but English , because of the spread of education has become much more popular as the link language across India. Since we all study and speak English, there is nothing wrong with it . 

As far as South Indian s hating Hindi , it is because of the manner in which it was imposed by the politicians and Hindi speaking people who refuse to learn the local language even after living in places like Bangalore for more than a decade or sometimes all their life which is never the case with south Indians living in the north. They don't expect a Rajasthani or a Punjabi to speak Kannada or Tamil , but take the trouble to learn Hindi and speak to then in hindi . That is the difference ..

As far as blackening the metro boards are concerned, you seem to have got half information. Initially the boards carried 2 languages English and Kannada , which was fine. But the central government insisted on adding Hindi which was accepted. But when the new boards appeared,  Kannada , the local language had been left out and the boards carried only English and Hindi which definitely made everyone angry and there were protests. There is a limit to everything and when you are expected to bend backwards to accommodate others with no reciprocation , there will be revolt which is what is happening in southern states , all of which have been more than accommodating with no reciprocation from the Northern states. . It is better to introspect rather than criticize without thoroughly going into the matter. There is no reaction without action !

Language religions and sensitive issue. So forcing for adopting and changing these is not fair thing. Local language is our mother tongue so we love it. In every state local language must be first language. It is not good practice to for North Indian living in South, to ignore local language. Learning local language is for their benefit not for any other one. 

Its about time the constitution was amended and English recognized as a National Language and part of Indian culture. It is prevalent in India for over 3 centuries and deserves this status. In contrast, the present Hindi language "khadi Boli" isjusts about 200 years old. 

MG Singh wrote:

Its about time the constitution was amended and English recognized as a National Language and part of Indian culture. It is prevalent in India for over 3 centuries and deserves this status. In contrast, the present Hindi language "khadi Boli" isjusts about 200 years old. 

English is language of high profile people not of a common person of India. In country where mother tongue of 99% population is other than English than how English is national language.

MG Singh wrote:

In fact Tamil is the oldest language in the world ,more than 5000 years old so I can understand why the Tamilians are against Hindi a relatively new language, being imposed on them. In fact all the south Indian languages are much much older than Hindi .. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

In fact Tamil is the oldest language in the world ,more than 5000 years old so I can understand why the Tamilians are against Hindi a relatively new language, being imposed on them. In fact all the south Indian languages are much much older than Hindi .. 

Yes Hindi is not oldest language. It is using  in India since 11 century. Oldest language of India is Sanskrit.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Yes Hindi is not oldest language. It is using  in India since 11 century. Oldest language of India is Sanskrit.

In fact Sanskrit originated from Tamil..

Sanskrit

Linguist thought the Sanskrit was very influential to several languages in Europe. They also believe that the language came from Tamil. Sanskrit, is 4,000 years old ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Sanskrit

Linguist thought the Sanskrit was very influential to several languages in Europe. They also believe that the language came from Tamil. Sanskrit, is 4,000 years old ..

I am listening first time that Tamil is mother of Sanskrit. Valmiki Ramayan is in Sanskrit and it is more 5000 years old.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

Sanskrit

I am listening first time that Tamil is mother of Sanskrit. Valmiki Ramayan is in Sanskrit and it is more 5000 years old.

According to sources Valmiki Ramayana is 2500 - 3000 years old 

Thank you said by: arjun sai

In any manner if we see, Sanskrit though is a language that is adorned by priests & Saints. It can be called king of languages, it is not so hard to make it our primary language, for that to become a common language, if in the present education system right from Primary schooling if Sanskrit is made a compulsory subject, change will come in 15 to 20 years. That will be a very good change for our Country, in fact.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.