Like it on Facebook, +1 on Google, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    arjun sai wrote:

    I agree with the fact that it doesn't matter what people do in their personal lives because it is their fundamental right. But if people do live in relationship and adultery openly then it will affect the culture of India. More and more people will start following that trend. This will not be helpful in preserving the rich culture of our country.

    So what you say is that people should indulge in adultery underhand ...by the way Indian Kings and even our God's had many wives and indulged in adultery , so why pretend otherwise?

    Yes I believe that. Let me explain this with a true story of my friend Vishwa . After college days when Vishwa started doing job he used to go and drink alcohol sometimes secretly. He used to consume in very little quantities so that his parents don't find out about it. Once he drank heavily and reached home. His parents have a normal reaction and did not react much. Now Vishwa started drinking daily without any fear and that too in large quantities. Story over. I hope I am able to prove my point here because once these practices are made legal people don't have any fear of law and spoil their lives and people around them.


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    One has to consider the entire picture .. The more accessible something is, be it liquor, drugs or anything else for that matter ,the less attractive it becomes  ..this is a scientific truth ! Holland made Marijuana legal and since then the consumption has come down by 30 percent ...


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    usha manohar wrote:
    jabeen wrote:

    Many people fear that this law would encourage adultery. But if the relationship between a husband and wife is strong, not withstanding this law, the relationship should remain intact. 

    Blaming this law is akin to saying that people has refrained from indulging in adultery due to fear of law. I believe that marriage should be based on trust. The partners should not indulge in adultery because they believe in the sanctity of marriage and not because the law make it a crime.

    Exactly my thoughts ...

    This is exactly my thought too. Love for a person or marriage cannot be diluted by any kind of law. It's pure affection for each other and respect for the relationship never allows any third person. Earlier it was a crime but now, it's not. Well, the true and rock-solid relationship always know how to stand the test of  time.  

    I have noticed that Indians have double standards where ladies are concerned, so all the more reason to have laws that bring in equality at least on paper because it is difficult to change the mind set if people. Being judgmental about westerners without knowing anything about their lifestyle is very common among Indians. The Westerners are far more refined, not corrupt and are extremely well mannered towards women which our men can try and learn from them. They instead idolize Rama who made Sitas life miserable because he wanted to prove he was a perfect being and Ramakrishna Paramahamsa who did the same to his wife . We should be actually admiring the wives rather than these so called great men, such is our society. I am yet to see a Indian middle class man give a helping hand to a y woman in difficulty ,unlike the western men who go all out to help when they see and sense a lady is having some problems .What they do with their personal life is their problem , why should it bother anyone ? 

    If Sri Sarada Devi's life is to be taken, then if we read her life we can understand the hardships, her hardworking day in & out nature, her eternal & complete love for human kind is visible.

    Saints in Ramakrishna Math tell that Sarada Devi life was much more vibrant, powerful & yet silent that it needs people to read her life in order to understand the greatness of this spiritual lady life from being born.

    She used to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning, do Japa, do cooking for many people who visit Sri Ramakrishna, then her routine used to go till midnight. All this she had to do in a very small room. But she never complained. One of her Quote is "Work alone breaks asunder the bonds of Karma, one should not be without work even for a single moment."

    She was the epitome of love, care & affection. Her love for humankind manifested even in a tender age of 5 when she used to fan the hot food for people while they were eating so that the hot rice will not cause discomfort to them.

    Even Swami Vivekananda said "With five hundreds men, the conquest of India might take fifty years: with as many women, not more than a few weeks."

    Everything comes to nought if nothing is followed though!

    do 


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    You will go for something if you have an urge or need to go for it. Adultery can comes out of something that is not fulfilled in a relationship and it may be emotional or physical. It always needs two person's consent for an adultery to happen. So far we have seen that the weaker sex was more penalized for adutery than male. This law definitely is a welcome step for gender equality. 

    However, adultery can still be taken as a ground for filing divorce. 


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    Biologically men.amd women are different but complementary to one another. Simply because men are physically more powerful they tend to feel superior. All our earlier scriptures too went on and on about how a woman was inferior and had to live under the shadow of a man all her life because they were all written by men. Thankfully all that is changing now and there are still some men out there who rise above others ...


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    usha manohar wrote:

    Biologically men.amd women are different but complementary to one another. Simply because men are physically more powerful they tend to feel superior. All our earlier scriptures too went on and on about how a woman was inferior and had to live under the shadow of a man all her life because they were all written by men. Thankfully all that is changing now and there are still some men out there who rise above others ...

    No one is disagree on gender equality. Yes men and women are complementary to one other. Like it husband and wife also two wheel of family, If one wheel decide to go another direction how family will run. Adultery to be crime for both men and women. 


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    Good and grand decision by Supreme Court and recognizes the fact that man is not a monogamous animal but a polygamous human being. Nothing wrong with sleeping with someone you like, its just a recognition of a well known psychological and physiological  fact.


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    MG Singh wrote:

    Good and grand decision by Supreme Court and recognizes the fact that man is not a monogamous animal but a polygamous human being. Nothing wrong with sleeping with someone you like, its just a recognition of a well known psychological and physiological  fact.

    The normal Indian mentality is to do things behind closed doors and pretend as if nothing happened. I too totally welcome the supreme Court judgJudge


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    jabeen wrote:

    Many people fear that this law would encourage adultery. But if the relationship between a husband and wife is strong, not withstanding this law, the relationship should remain intact. 

    Blaming this law is akin to saying that people has refrained from indulging in adultery due to fear of law. I believe that marriage should be based on trust. The partners should not indulge in adultery because they believe in the sanctity of marriage and not because the law make it a crime.

    @jabeen Very well said. A successful marriage is all about a beautiful bonding. It is not mathematics that will follow any particular rule of law. A happy marriage is based on emotion and so any happy couple would never try to ruin it if he/she is sincerely in love with their spouse. Thus, who commits adultery is certainly neither in love nor is respectful towards one's spouse.       


    shampasaid


  • Re: Supreme court decision of section 497, adultery

    by » 6 months ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    jabeen wrote:

    Many people fear that this law would encourage adultery. But if the relationship between a husband and wife is strong, not withstanding this law, the relationship should remain intact. 

    Blaming this law is akin to saying that people has refrained from indulging in adultery due to fear of law. I believe that marriage should be based on trust. The partners should not indulge in adultery because they believe in the sanctity of marriage and not because the law make it a crime.

    @jabeen Very well said. A successful marriage is all about a beautiful bonding. It is not mathematics that will follow any particular rule of law. A happy marriage is based on emotion and so any happy couple would never try to ruin it if he/she is sincerely in love with their spouse. Thus, who commits adultery is certainly neither in love nor is respectful towards one's spouse.       

    For we Indian marriage in unwritten contract between to souls, it is not contract written on paper. Base of marriage is love affection, faith and honesty in relation.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.