Today is 2nd October which is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti across India. Do you think that the Swachh Bharat Mission launched by Modi government has been successful in creating a clean and open-defacation free India ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We peoples are not interested is cleaning so what can do program of government. Any program can be success if people are aware in it. On other our opposition parties is like critise each and every program ant try as much they can to failed it.

I will not call it a full success but definitely I see a lot of awareness now. It is good beginning. It is not possible to achieve 100% in just such short term but it has been a good start. It definitely needs a lot of support from all spheres of the society.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

It may take decades to get implemented , some cities especially smaller towns seem to have improved. But the rest like Mumbai are still an eye sore. Every time I visit Mumbai,  I am appalled at how a city can be that filthy and disgusting and how all the great celebrities, Industrialists and the other rich and famous manage to live there amidst all that garbage ... The city has only deteriorated steadily and so has Chennai and Bangalore. The only metro that has been well managed is Hyderabad..my own city Mangalore has always been clean and now with more population and migration, the city corporation is doing a wonderful job of keeping the city clean , no matter which party is in power.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

It may take decades to get implemented , some cities especially smaller towns seem to have improved. But the rest like Mumbai are still an eye sore. Every time I visit Mumbai,  I am appalled at how a city can be that filthy and disgusting and how all the great celebrities, Industrialists and the other rich and famous manage to live there amidst all that garbage ... The city has only deteriorated steadily and so has Chennai and Bangalore. The only metro that has been well managed is Hyderabad..my own city Mangalore has always been clean and now with more population and migration, the city corporation is doing a wonderful job of keeping the city clean , no matter which party is in power.

Political pressure is main reason behind it.  You are lucky that your city is neat and clean. Chandigarh is a UT so here admin have not much political pressure. Here people are also aware. Chandigarh is one of the most neat and clean city of India.

If we see the Sealdah railway station in West Bengal or Secunderabad railway station or NDLS in Delhi , the condition is very worse. Even the places made for sitting on platforms are so dirty that few people prefer to stand rather than sitting. The public restroom are in worst state even though government charges few 1 Rupee or 2 Rupee to use them, maintainance is almost zero. In tourist spots such as Goa , they charge 20 Rupees to use public washroom. If you enter a public washroom, one will feel like puking due to bad odour. Why was the Swachh Bharat tax introduced if again public is paying to use basic amenities I fail to understand.

It has been fairly successful as it's main goal was to create awareness among the citizens of India.

Thank you said by: epraneeth77

Don't know where it is succesful but awareness is being brought about. Local Muncipality like GHMC in Hyderabad is doing a moderate job. Not removing trash regulary but occasionally & not slapping fine or implementing stringent measures to stop people from trashing their lanes instead of throwing trash in designated areas where bins are provided by GHMC.

GHMC should up it's ante.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.