A lot of media attention is being given to the Statue of Unity which is the Statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel which was inaugurated in Gujarat state. This is the tallest statue in the world. Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel was also known as Iron Man. The total cost of this statue is around 3000 crores. What are your thoughts on this development?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am happy with it. It is matter of pride for the whole country. Sardar patel was one of the prominent freedom fighter. He was architecture of India. 3000 croes Rupees is not important. In coming year it will be a place of tourist interest.

By making this statue , BJP is highlighted the contribution of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. Many people also believe that this will give opportunity to other political parties to create statues of Jawaharlal Nehru etc.

This will surely become a national symbol and is good for the nation.

arjun sai wrote:
By making this statue , BJP is highlighted the contribution of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel. Many people also believe that this will give opportunity to other political parties to create statues of Jawaharlal Nehru etc.

Mayawati already create her statue in UP. Only congress can create statue of Jawaharlal and Rajiv Gandhi. I think Rajiv Gandhi will be their first choice.

Basically I am against building statues ...we had Mayawati building her  own statues and the Congress party has built enough statues and monuments for the members of one family in these past sixty years. However , a statue for Sardar Patel is different since he deserved the honor and although a lot of money was spent which has been questioned by many, I feel it is a worthwhile sacrifice and the money spent will be recovered in time. However, I sincerely hope that this does not set a precedence for more such mega structures , statues and monuments to be built at the cost of neglecting other much needed reforms and amenities for the people of the country.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Basically I am against building statues ...we had Mayawati building her  own statues and the Congress party has built enough statues and monuments for the members of one family in these past sixty years. However , a statue for Sardar Patel is different since he deserved the honor and although a lot of money was spent which has been questioned by many, I feel it is a worthwhile sacrifice and the money spent will be recovered in time. However, I sincerely hope that this does not set a precedence for more such mega structures , statues and monuments to be built at the cost of neglecting other much needed reforms and amenities for the people of the country.

Yes money is important but our great freedom fighter are also important. In these people of country know only to Gandhi Nehru family, so it must to tell the peoples of country about the contribution of other great person for country. I think it is little bit tribute to Sarda Patel. Country can afford it.

I am on the same page of thought as Usha. I am against building statues and especially the ones like of Mayawati who do so being drunk on power and money. That is actually disgrace to country and also a misuse of tax payer's money.

But I welcome this statue. It is not only a tribute to a great leader Patel but also a great tourist attraction. And it definitely makes India proud to have such a tourist attraction. It will promote tourism and churn our economy in long run. Hope it is taken good care and proper maintenance. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I am on the same page of thought as Usha. I am against building statues and especially the ones like of Mayawati who do so being drunk on power and money. That is actually disgrace to country and also a misuse of tax payer's money.

But I welcome this statue. It is not only a tribute to a great leader Patel but also a great tourist attraction. And it definitely makes India proud to have such a tourist attraction. It will promote tourism and churn our economy in long run. Hope it is taken good care and proper maintenance. 

It is today news that Karnatka government plan to build statue of Kaveri river near vardavan garden. It is good decision and it will promote tourism.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It is today news that Karnatka government plan to build statue of Kaveri river near vardavan garden. It is good decision and it will promote tourism.

This is just politics , nothing else. In a state where the farmers are committing suicide by the dozen, the priority should be to help them out. The CM Kumaraswamy has been making promises, none of which have been fulfilled and now he jumps in , into statue politics , while on the other hand criticizing the BJP for doing the same.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is a sad part that it has been politicized in all wrong rights. Politicians even stooped down to the level of comparing it with statue of Mayawati. That was actually pathetic. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.