Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    usha manohar wrote:
    anil wrote:
    Arunima Singh wrote:

    I am on the same page of thought as Usha. I am against building statues and especially the ones like of Mayawati who do so being drunk on power and money. That is actually disgrace to country and also a misuse of tax payer's money.

    But I welcome this statue. It is not only a tribute to a great leader Patel but also a great tourist attraction. And it definitely makes India proud to have such a tourist attraction. It will promote tourism and churn our economy in long run. Hope it is taken good care and proper maintenance. 

    It is today news that Karnatka government plan to build statue of Kaveri river near vardavan garden. It is good decision and it will promote tourism.

    This is just politics , nothing else. In a state where the farmers are committing suicide by the dozen, the priority should be to help them out. The CM Kumaraswamy has been making promises, none of which have been fulfilled and now he jumps in , into statue politics , while on the other hand criticizing the BJP for doing the same.

    Here in India most of politicians are doing only politics, Every decision have some political reason. I think it may be politics of Kumaraswami, if he build statue of Kaveri river than it is one more palace of tourist interest in Karnatka.


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:

    That is a sad part that it has been politicized in all wrong rights. Politicians even stooped down to the level of comparing it with statue of Mayawati. That was actually pathetic. 

    Rightly said, any self resecting person would be ashamed of being associated with the likes of Mayawati, Lalu ,Mulayam Singh etc etc 


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    Now a days I see a lot of advertisements going around in TV and radio to promote the Statue of Liberty and also it indirectly seems like a promotional thing for central government. I am speculating that soon it is going to get another political mud slinging in future.

    The statue is already well known and famous. Does the government need to spend further on advertisement to clear their stand on building it as a tourism attraction to churn the tourism and economy of the country??


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:

    That is a sad part that it has been politicized in all wrong rights. Politicians even stooped down to the level of comparing it with statue of Mayawati. That was actually pathetic. 

    What is Mayawati? How we can camper her with Sardar Patel. Sardar patel is diamond in crown of India, Mayawati is damn.


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:

    Now a days I see a lot of advertisements going around in TV and radio to promote the Statue of Liberty and also it indirectly seems like a promotional thing for central government. I am speculating that soon it is going to get another political mud slinging in future.

    The statue is already well known and famous. Does the government need to spend further on advertisement to clear their stand on building it as a tourism attraction to churn the tourism and economy of the country??

    I think no promotion of statue is required. But at present when election is on head government wants to use it as election compaign.


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    anil wrote:
    Arunima Singh wrote:

    Now a days I see a lot of advertisements going around in TV and radio to promote the Statue of Liberty and also it indirectly seems like a promotional thing for central government. I am speculating that soon it is going to get another political mud slinging in future.

    The statue is already well known and famous. Does the government need to spend further on advertisement to clear their stand on building it as a tourism attraction to churn the tourism and economy of the country??

    I think no promotion of statue is required. But at present when election is on head government wants to use it as election compaign.

    And that might not go well with opposition and many of the supporters of BJP too. A lot is spent on advertisements and campaign. They can use the same fund for other work.

     


    I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

    www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    I personally am in no favour of building statues. This was a thing of past when people of ancient civilization used to build huge statues. But in this age we have so many problems to take care of. How can government spend on statues and then again advertisement for statues ? I have seen poor people in hospital don't even have Rs 1000/- to buy medicines in government hospitals. They are dependent in government and people mercy. Forget about people as I have seen super rich people who own shops don't even spend a penny on poor people. So government has to do it's role here. Even though I don't earn millions but still I make a point to help the needy with whatever I can but again there are very rare people who share.

  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    Arunima Singh wrote:
    anil wrote:
    Arunima Singh wrote:

    Now a days I see a lot of advertisements going around in TV and radio to promote the Statue of Liberty and also it indirectly seems like a promotional thing for central government. I am speculating that soon it is going to get another political mud slinging in future.

    The statue is already well known and famous. Does the government need to spend further on advertisement to clear their stand on building it as a tourism attraction to churn the tourism and economy of the country??

    I think no promotion of statue is required. But at present when election is on head government wants to use it as election compaign.

    And that might not go well with opposition and many of the supporters of BJP too. A lot is spent on advertisements and campaign. They can use the same fund for other work.

    Yes I am agree, government must be decide priorty.


  • Re: Statue of Unity in Gujarat

    by » 10 months ago


    arjun sai wrote:
    I personally am in no favour of building statues. This was a thing of past when people of ancient civilization used to build huge statues. But in this age we have so many problems to take care of. How can government spend on statues and then again advertisement for statues ? I have seen poor people in hospital don't even have Rs 1000/- to buy medicines in government hospitals. They are dependent in government and people mercy. Forget about people as I have seen super rich people who own shops don't even spend a penny on poor people. So government has to do it's role here. Even though I don't earn millions but still I make a point to help the needy with whatever I can but again there are very rare people who share.

    No doubt we have number of problems. But some time some thing is important. Making statue or any building, park etc after name of great person of country is also important. These person are part of our history. These are our proud. It is necessary to tell the coming generation about these. Making statue is also a mode of telling. If government wants to help poor, government can do it.


    Thank you said by: arjun sai

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.