The auspicious day of Ganeshji Birthday called Ganesh Chaturthi is arriving...
Though still time is their the Chandawala's are knocking the doors and asking for donate some amount..

What do you think about this system so they really use the donated money on the arrangements of Ganesh idol and other things or use only some amount from it...

vgreets_ganesh.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am vexed with these guys always knocking the doors and asking for chanda..Recently i saw poor children almost look like beggar coming and asking for money to put idol..I couldnt understand whether they are serious or just in this way making some money..

Previously everthing was fair and the money was only used for GOd but now-a-days more and more people are coming for chanda..how can anyone just give each and everyone...
I would like to share the History and Origin of this festival.. Here is the link..

http://festivals.iloveindia.com/ganesh-chaturti/history.html
I would like to share the History and Origin of this festival.. Here is the link..

http://festivals.iloveindia.com/ganesh-chaturti/history.html
Thanks for sharing the history nataraj it will be useful for people who do not know the significance ...but in India it is one of the most popular festival and is celebrated in all parts of the country..hope many knew the significance..So what is you opinion on this Chanda?
thanks for sharing the history of ganesh chaturti natraj......this time also i would be visiting lalbaag cha raja.......

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Rajani, you are right! I too am vexed with endless number of people coming in asking for contributions for Ganesh chaturthi!

The festival has lost its significance and purpose adn is now merely a means of collecting money! ALthough not all people do that, In Pune and Mumbai, there are a number of groups or Mandals who put on a spectacular show for 10 days of Ganesh Festival using this money, contribute to causes of poor and impoverished by way of distributing blankets, books etc. to those who cannot afford it and whatever money is remaining at the end of teh festival is donated to an NGO.

I personally make it a point to contribute to only two such mandals who are trustworthy enough to be doing so what they really say!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is really great to hear kalyani..that geniune mandal do exist...and they help poor and needy..serving such people is serving GOD..If that philosphy is followed may be many people will come forward to donate in the name of Ganeshji..

Perhaps i think people has lost interest in donating due to this forcing nature of some groups...
When i think of Ganesh Chaturthi, the thing which immediately strikes my mind is the loud speakers playing all filmy songs till late night. The worst thing is the very first song will be a devotional song follwed by all remix songs. The associations force people to give donation.
The practice of collection of subscription for various religious festivals in different parts of the country is a long and controversial one.As long as people contribute voluntarily we have no problems but things turn ugly when some vested interest join various clubs and associations to further their not so holy ends!!
Right Chinmoy!! Now it is a fact that all such associations and mandals have political patronage of one party or the other.These people have hoodlums on their roll who force people to pay hefty sums of money! This is a controversial issue faced by all of us and no one is interested in resolving it since the cash generated is astonishingly high in terms of black money!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.