Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A vegetarian diet provides a variety of proven health benefits. Vegetarians have significantly reduced rates of obesity, coronary heart disease, hypertension, type II diabetes, diet-related cancers,constipation and gall stones.
True and now-a-days even doctors are suggesting to be Veg then Non-Veg...due to these reasons...
Health benefits are one of the main reasons why everyone should become a vegan. The primary benefits are: weight loss, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, less use of medication, avoiding surgery and cancer, feeling more energized, and looking great.
It definitely has great benefits and I can vouch for it from the experience of my late father!
turning vegetarian is good for health as well as for the animal as they wouldn't be slaughtered for the human consumption.
Thanks for the information,Neetu. I too like to be a vegetarian as i feel it is good to both body and mind. :) :)
I think the aging people must seriously consider to switch over to it for its so many benefits!
A vegetarian diet is distinguished from an omnivorous diet by its content of dry beans and lentils. These take the place of meat and fish as the major source of protein. And there are so many different kinds of beans you can choose from - kidney, cranberry, , soy beans, and black-eyed peas. These can be served with rice, added to soups, stews, and salads or a variety of casseroles, and made into different ethnic dishes.

Tofu, or soy bean curd, can be used in dips and spreads, or served with pasta or stir-fried vegetables. Soy protein contains isoflavones, such as genistein and daidzein, that act as phytoestrogens and inhibit tumor growth, lower blood cholesterol levels, decrease the risk of blood clots, and diminish bone loss. These benefits clearly translate into a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis (6).
It is better not to get addicted to taste and concentrate more on healthy diet.
Veganism is different than vegetaruianism, its more stricter form of vegetarianism where even milk and milk products are avoided because they are obtained from animals!

I think it is going a bit overboard because consuming milk and milk products in moderation is good for health!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.