Causes for under nutrition in children

* Pediatrics suggest not to give their children too much of juice as it often contain more sugar and less vitamins than fresh, canned, or frozen fruits. After a period off time juice replaces healthy diet
drink like milk and other important food groups .
* Children who are put under low fat diet
under the age of 2 with the fear of growing obese also become skinny. Remember fat is not a negative product, it is very important for storing energy, protecting or insulating the body and absorbing fat-soluble vitamins. So make sure to give your child adequate fat products. However know your limits.
* Children who skip breakfast eat less calories. Therefore, prepare ready to eat breakfast like yogurt, fruit bars and milk.
* Fussy eaters
* Weight is influenced by two things, the food we eat and the activity we do. If your child is more active than the food he/she eats, then the child will surely be termed as a underweight within a year. So make sure to give ,more energizing foods like carbohydrates for an over active kid.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Neetu you are awesome

You are very quick... ;) :) :)

Thanks for the list.. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
ya , i agree with these findings.
skipping breakfast eat less calories food is the main reason and parents should be patient in handling them..
Neetu, thanks for posting this! Its very important that children eat foods from all the food groups such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats etc. at least two servings of each a day should be given to children daily!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes,it's a highly educative post from the doctor of our forum!Hats off!
Thanks Neetu for sharing valuable information on Nutrition.Yes,instead of consuming fruit juices they can opt for slicing the fruit and eating it.The best example is Orange.The fiber content is good in oranges. :) :)
One of the causes for under nutrition was given as skipping breakfast, is it due to the morning class timing being very early..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.