5 foods every woman must eat

We bring to you five nutritional eats that every woman should include in her diet. Happy eating!

Leafy vegetables
It is not possible to meet your nutritional needs without having leafy vegetables in your diet. Spinach, legumes, asparagus, lettuce, fenugreek leaves, broccoli are available in abundance and are huge sources of fibre, Vitamin C and K, folic acid. It is also a vision protector and provides four essential minerals, i.e. calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium. Try to have it daily in your diet and darker the better.

Whole grains
Whole grains have up to 96 per cent more fibre and essential nutrients and vitamins than refined grains. Advises diet expert Honey Shah, "I advise my clients to have whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, and brown rice as they are high in essential nutrients and do not contribute to weight gain. You can start your day with whole wheat cereal or a whole wheat bread toast."

Nuts
Make nuts an essential ingredient in your diet. Sprinkle it on salads or breakfast cereals or stir them into yoghurt because they are an excellent source of protein, magnesium and B & E vitamins. They are useful in fighting heart disease and cancer. Nuts are high in fat calories, but their fat is the heart-healthy kind. You can also eat them as an evening snack. But make sure you don't overdo them. About a quarter cup or about 15-20 almonds, cashews, walnuts are good enough a week.

Yoghurt
Low fat or plain yoghurt is a great source of vitamins, protein and calcium. It also has healthy bacteria which can fight diseases. "Three to four cups a week is good enough for your diet. But make sure you don't add sugar to it. Instead choose plain yoghurt and add fruits or berries to it," suggests dietician Pinky.

Berries
Ever wondered why most of the diet fibre products have berries in them? Reason being berries are high in fill-you-up fibre and also helps curb weight. Berries have more protective plant antioxidants than almost any other food. These antioxidants not only lower your disease risks, but also help prevent memory loss. You can have a bowl full of them thrice a week. It could be fresh or frozen, benefits stay!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Nice piece of information Neetu..But i want to know is yoghurt and curd same.. :)
7_4_36-20101010.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Dr.Neetu list and add a few which every man must eat!!
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Nice piece of information Neetu..But i want to know is yoghurt and curd same.. :)[/quote]

yes rajani curd and yogurt are the same thing......
Great information Neetu.Thanks for posting such nice health tips....
Keep sharing these valuable information neetu....
Thanks for the information Neetu...

@Chinmoy

Man can eat anything no restriction.. ;) :laugh: ???Hope Dr.Neetu will clarify. :lol:
Thanks Dr.Neetu for sharing news regarding food specific to women.

@Chinmoy,
I think you are very much fond of water melons. :P :P
@ chinmoy

I would post the foods for mens too once i get the information about it.
Hey doc, thanks for great information!! Post something soon for men too or Chinmoy will keep eating only melons!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

1) For starter's yogurt and/or diary products should be organic. For starters Organic diary products are made without the use of added hormones or antibiotics and can have higher levels of omega-3s. Organic dairy products are not only good for women with PCOS - they can be much less damaging to the environment. So next your reach for a snack in the afternoon, make sure you reach for an organic yogurt and/or diary products.

2) Salads are equally as important as diary to have in an organic state. The reason is conventional salads have some of the highest levels of toxic pesticides. So it's best to choose organic greens. When making your salad, try adding in some extra organic vegetables and boost your intake of antioxidants.

3) Apples are not too missed. Apples also contain toxic pesticides. With that being said its best to have its best to buy organic apples. You may want to start looking up local farmers markets that come to your area so you can stock up on fresh organic fruits and vegetables that don't contain any harmful pesticides.

4) Tomatoes. Yes these colorful round tomatoes are also best when they are organic so you can again avoid all those harmful pesticides. Fresh organic tomatoes are so health for you; they provide your body with lycopene, an antioxidant that may lower cancer and heart disease risks and may do other wonderful things as well.

5) Don't forget your Meat products. Most people don't realize that animals are treated in such an inhumane way; by injecting animals with growth hormones, antibiotics, force fed, etc...that why meat is so important to buy organic. The best quality of meat is from grass fed cows and it's often leaner than other meats and contains more of the good omega 3 fats. Try switching over any of your meats to organic and notice the cleaner, fresher taste.
i wonder how these are good for women only and why not for men. please clear. thanks for information.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.