How To Have Healthy And Bright Eyes

There are a few steps we can follow to take good care of our eyes.

- You should wash your eyes frequently with cold water. You will feel refreshed if you take this step.

- Your diet regimen should include a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits. These foods will supply a good amount of vitamins and nutrients to your body. Especially, Vitamin A, that is available abundantly in vegetables like carrot and also in milk, is good for eyes. You will have bright and healthy eyes if your intake of Vitamin A is good. You should also do your exercises regularly. Through good exercises, your blood circulation improves and this will enable efficient supply of these vitamins and minerals to all the parts of the body.

- There are certain foods that you should avoid. For example, you should avoid food items that may cause inflammation. You can eat foods that contain good amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Foods that contain saturated fats must be completely avoided. Instead, you can opt for foods that contain monosaturated fats like olive oil, fish oil, sunflower oil, etc. Some experts opine that even foods that are made of coconut oil are also good. In a nutshell, foods that contain antioxidants that fight the free radicals that enter our system should be taken in liberal quantities. Free radicals have been found to accelerate eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.

- You should not expose your eyes to direct sunlight. This will cause a great harm and some people may also lose sight if they commit this mistake. It is an astronomical fact that the Sun produces so much energy, that every second the core releases the equivalent of 100 billion nuclear bombs. Then you can imagine how harmful the UV rays of sun can be on your eyes.

- Taking steps to remove the puffiness or the eye bags beneath the eyes is important. There are some creams that are made of natural ingredients that may work effectively for removing them. You can also try cucumber for this.

- You should completely avoid smoking. Smoking damages blood vessels and hence the eye tissues are not supplied with enough oxygen.

- Computer geeks must adopt the 20-20-20 formula for reducing strain to the eyes. Every 20 minutes, they should get up from the computer, look at objects 20 ft. away for 20 seconds and should blink 20 times. They should also sit at a comfortable distance and do their work.

- You must make sure to wash your face before retiring for bed. This will get you a good sleep. You should remove all the make-up and wash your face thoroughly before going to sleep in nights.

- You should not be touching your eyes often. If you feel the necessity to touch your eyes, you should wash your hands thoroughly.

- Once a year, you should consult an ophthalmologist and test your eyes. This proactive step will protect your eyes from avoidable complications.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have seen many people who evaluate their glasses and eyesight by undergoing the test conducted by technicians in the optical shops itself.It is better we get our eyes examined by doctors. :) :)
Thanks Doc for taking care of our eyes!! Good and useful info! :) :)

I have an addition to this! Eating fruits and veggies rich in beta-carotene is very beneficial for eyes!
Eating at least one or two servings of carrots and pumpkins will keep your eyesight strong and will protect your eyes from cataracts! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

"Once a year, you should consult an ophthalmologist and test your eyes. This proactive step will protect your eyes from avoidable complications."

I hadn't checked my eye so far!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
When i hear about eyes, the one thing i always remember is CARROT..
Eyes are very sensitive and lot of care is needed.Thanks neetu for the tips
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.