Chipped nails and discolouration are common problems that girls share. Instead of mourning over what's lost or waiting for nails to re-grow, take measures to ensure your nails grow strong and pretty. The only way to keep your nails look good is by taking regular care. You need to protect them and nourish them just like your skin.

"To get healthy cuticles and avoid dryness, one should use cuticle oil daily. Also, get a regular manicure done by a professional nail technician at least three times a month," says Simar Sukhija of Simar's Nail Bar.

Beauty expert Shahnaz Husain suggests, "Wear rubber gloves for your washing chores. Massage cream on the nails and cuticles daily, especially after using detergents and soaps." Cuticles must never be cut. Instead after soaking the nails in warm water, apply cream on the nails to soften the skin.Then push them back gently using a cotton bud.

"Avoid using a sharp instrument. Shape your nails once a week. Try square shape as it is easy to maintain and there is lesser chance of breakage," suggests says Sukhija. If the nail polish chips, do not peel it off as this removes the protective layer of the nail, thereby damaging it.

Even the sun's rays can harm your nails. For protection, use a clear nail polish as a top-coat. One can also apply sunscreen on the nails. Sukhija says, "Apply a base-coat before the nail polish as it strengthens and protects the nail, and does not let the nails turn yellow." A common cause of yellow nails is wearing nail polish constantly. "Nails should be left unpolished sometimes" says Husain.

Quick nail care tips:

To get rid of the yellowish tint on the nails, scrape the surface of the nail with the finest-grain side of an emery board, so that the nail is not damaged, and then use UV-resistant or clear polish for protection.

You can also add baking soda to water and soak your fingers in them for 15 minutes, or rub nails with chamois leather. Another option to get rid of the yellow tint is to rub a piece of lemon on them.

You could also dilute lemon juice with water and soak your hands in it for 10 minutes everyday.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
many thanks for the tips to nail care. Neglect in care of nails may also lead to other diseases. It is necessary to regularly trim the nails for men as well as women. The women also polish the nails unlike men. Bad quality nail polish may result in bad health.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

this tips are really nice...
Yes, when nails are ugly it indicates the personality itself.Good post.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Most women don't concentrate on foot and nails.The tips are very much useful to me. :) :)
Nail Care

* Take care of your nails between salon visits.
* File your nails regularly and always keep them short.
* If your nails are exposed to chemicals, moisture, water, etc, it could result in split peeling nails or allergic reaction. Wear rubber gloves to protect your nails or coat them with some cotton.
* Never use something like scissors for both for infected and non infected nails.
Thanks for sharing this information on nail care....
Nail care is as important as our skin care....
I often had habit of removing nails with hand when i feel tensed.. :blush: :P which made my nail unshaped..that is one finger may have shaped nail and other do not... :P :lol: Thanks neetu for providing some good information ...which may be useful for me if every my nails exist safely.. :woohoo: :cheer: :)
Thanks for the useful infomation. This information would be much helpful.

Want to make each day Accountable

thanks a lot neetu for sharing this information here ...
hope this will be helful for others..
:lol:
Still I don't understand why women grow their nails?What is the beauty in growing them?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.