Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Neetu

I heard that Dibetic patient should not eat it often as sugar content present in it can increase the blood sugar???Is it true.
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Now I understood why Chinmoy..
always eat corn even in his smiley :laugh: ;)[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I love to have corns but didn't had an idea that it is so healthy.Thanks for getting it to my knowledge...
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]@Neetu

I heard that Dibetic patient should not eat it often as sugar content present in it can increase the blood sugar???Is it true.[/quote]

Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes
Corn is High in Nutrients
One of the benefits of corn is that it is high in nutrients. A few of these important nutrients are:

* Thiamin (vitamin B1) which is used in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
* Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) which helps with physiological functions.
* Folate which helps the generation of new cells -- especially important before and during pregnancy.
* Vitamin C which fights against diseases.

Corn is a Good Source of Fiber
One cup of corn provides 18.4% of the daily recommendation of fiber. Its high fiber content is one of the biggest benefits of corn. Fiber has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels and help reduce the risk of colon cancer. Fiber is also useful in helping to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics.

Adding More Corn to Your Diet
How do you get the benefits of corn when it's not mid-summer and corn on the cob is not plentiful? You can still get the benefits of corn from corn that has been frozen when it is fresh.

Try corn as side dish sauteed with green chilies and onions. Add frozen corn to soup, chili and chowder. Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. The addition of corn a couple of times a week to your diet will have healthful benefits.
That is great to know that moderate consumption is acceptable..Thanks for confirming..Dr.Neetu.. :cheer: :)
Thanking for sharing this piece of information here hope to see such more useful informations flowing from your side.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Good to hear the benefits of corn. i love sweet corn soup very much
Cooked sweet corn has significant antioxidant activity, which has been suggested to reduce the chance of heart disease and cancer, although this has not been definitively proven in practice.[citation needed] "There is a notion that processed fruits and vegetables have a lower nutritional value than fresh produce. Those original notions seem to be false, as cooked sweet corn retains its antioxidant activity, despite the loss of vitamin C," says Rui Hai Liu assistant professor of food science at Cornell University.[citation needed] The scientists measured the antioxidants' ability to quench free radicals, which cause damage to the body from oxidation. Cooked sweet corn also releases increased levels of ferulic acid, which provides health benefits, such as battling cancer. "When you cook it, you release it, and what you are losing in vitamin C, you are gaining in ferulic acid and total antioxidant activity."[6]
Sweet Corn Nutrition: In addition to the many sweet corn health benefits, sweet corn’s nutritional profile is pretty good. Sweet corn has vitamin B1, vitamin B5, vitamin C, folate, phosphorus, dietary fiber, and manganese.

As an add-on to the sweet corn nutrients already stated, it also has a full array of other nutrients such as sugar, carbohydrates, soluble and insoluble fiber, vitamins, minerals, sodium, amino acids and more.

Health Benefits Of Sweet Corn

There are quite a few health benefits of sweet corn. The significant amount of folate corn supplies helps in maintaining a good health for our heart. Statistics have proven to us that regular consumption of folate reduces the heart attack rates by 10 %. For smokers, sweet corn consumption reduces the risk of lung cancer by 37 %. Another major health benefit from sweet corn consumption is the increase in memory levels. The reason for this is the presence of Thiamin which is traditionally known to be a key role player for energy production in a human body and also helps in increasing cognitive function.

Another important element of sweet corn is panthothenic acid which is rich in Vitamin B content and helps energy production under extreme stressful conditions.

A moderate consumption of sweet corn may help children with increasing brainpower and memory. This is because thiamine (a component of Vitamin B) helps promote increased memory. Recent research has focused on sweet corn and its antioxidant properties.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.