Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here are some other foods that can act as potential risk factors for acidity:

* Chocolates
* Fatty foods
* Fried foods
* Ketchup
* Tomato sauce
* Black pepper
* Mustard
* Vinegar
* Orange juice
* Most soft drinks
* Peppermint

Try and eliminate the most likely causes of acidity from your diet and also take some additional precautions to treat the condition effectively.

* Instead of having the common two large meals, try and have smaller and more frequent meals. This puts less stress on your digestive system and should help prevent any excessive build up of stomach acids.
* Avoid drinking water during and soon after meals as this dilutes the gastric juices necessary for digestion and prolongs the process.
* Avoid having late meals just before bed time. There should always be an interval of at least two hours between your last meal and bed time.
* Try and have a light dinner with fresh fruits and vegetable salads.
* Include probiotic curd and yogurt in your daily diet.
* Try and follow a regular and disciplined routine with regular meal times and sleep time.
* Try and include a small amount of garlic in your diet.
* Maintain an upright posture for some time after eating. Avoid reclining.
* Make it a point to indulge in some physical activity through the course of the day. Even a brief walk after meals in the morning and at night will help. Swimming, jogging, or cycling would also suffice.
* An activity like yoga would also help tremendously, even if practiced for just 20 minutes a day. This will not only provide physical activity, but also promote relaxation and reduce stress, which can contribute to acidity.
Thanks for sharing this, my mom is always suffering with acidity, i will prescribe your remedy...
thanks a lot..
Avoid Fast Foods

Fast foods are one of the five foods to avoid for acid reflux. It increases the acid reflux problem. It is also responsible for acid reflux in many cases. People find it easier to have fast food quickly and on the go. But it is not at all good for you. When you have acid reflux, you should avoid such foods at any cost. If it is not possible to avoid then at least go for a grilled one.
Will medicines like Gelusil really work?.I had never tried this before. :) :)
i take Gelusil tablet and it works..thanks for sharing the home remedies
good and useful topic,
i knew a cup of chilled milk to cure acidity
and also eating an apple
but this post is more educative.
Acidity is quite a simple problem when it begins, but it can get out of hand easily if not taken seriously. It is a common ailment

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
Acidity occur due to irregular diet, having more spicy food, junck food, pickles contain acids etc.Drinking juices and butter milk cure acidity.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.