Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In India ,the relationship between mother and child is differ from the other country. Here mother is very close to her children,if she is in working or a household wife. She care her child.,except rear cases .She can care properly,just busy.
A major study by researchers at Macalester College, Minnesota, and the University of California, has found that youngsters are less likely to succeed at school if read more

I tend to agree with that partly, just because mothers stay at home does not automatically make children perform better at school, nor does it mean that because a mother is working she is not able to give enough time for her children.Ultimately it comes down to how well you plan your schedule taking everything into consideration , whether you are a stay at home mom or a working mother...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I do not know whether children do better at school if their mothers are home makers. But I am 100% sure that those children feel satisfied that they spent their good times with their mothers,

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
In India ,the relationship between mother and child is differ from the other country. Here mother is very close to her children,if she is in working or a household wife. She care her child.,except rear cases .She can care properly,just busy.

Thats not true, unless we know personally we cannot say that there is no closeness between parents and children in other countries.In fact in Western countries they are able to balance emotions out without going overboard about it and emotionally blackmailing people with regard to various relationships in life including that of mother and child, which in my opinion is much healthier and less stressful...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arun Jain

Thats not true, unless we know personally we cannot say that there is no closeness between parents and children in other countries.In fact in Western countries they are able to balance emotions out without going overboard about it and emotionally blackmailing people with regard to various relationships in life including that of mother and child, which in my opinion is much healthier and less stressful...

I t6otally agree with your views, I have seen it firsthand. In fact, in other countries children are taught to become more independent and able decision makers, whereas in India, they are merely taught to be obedient without thinking or reasoning out things properly. Which is why we see so many families where the grownups of 40 and 50s still listen to their parents in each and every matter, even though the parents are often very old and do not know things from the current perspective!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arun Jain
Totally agree with what Usha and Kalyani said. I would also like to add that Indian parents are over protective of their children. This kills the experimenting attitude among children. Most children don't think differently or do what they are genuinely interested in, killing their own natural talent.

Recently, I asked a writer to work with me on a project and he was good. In a conversation, I asked him why don't you do it full time, atleast you can try, till you find a job. If this kicks off, you may not have to find the job at all.

His reply was, "Are you nuts, what will I tell the world, that I sit at home and write. I have to go in the real world and work."

I tried to explain him that work is work, doesn't matter if you do it from office or home. He was like, parents won't approve. WHat will people say etc etc.

I was really surprised by his reply and thanked God, that atleast my parents did not stop me from finding my way.

I would really love to see if parents would treat us the same way they did in childhood, especially while we were learning to walk. We fell many a times, but our parents knew that this is how we would learn to walk. So they never stopped us from trying again.

I wish they would do the same now.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Parents should be educated and having desire to success of their children in schooling.

I t6otally agree with your views, I have seen it firsthand. In fact, in other countries children are taught to become more independent and able decision makers, whereas in India, they are merely taught to be obedient without thinking or reasoning out things properly. Which is why we see so many families where the grownups of 40 and 50s still listen to their parents in each and every matter, even though the parents are often very old and do not know things from the current perspective!

Exactly ! I too know of a family where a young man, now of course in his 40's staying unmarried ( ditching his long standing girl friend ) just because his sister remained unmarried and he had to take care of her - this was according to his parents wishes.I find this attitude ridiculous and the parents feel that he has been good obedient son....I personally prefer my children doing their own thing rather than listen to me or come to me for every little thing...

Children want instant care for doing better in school. This care must be given to them either by mother or father or anyone else. Mothers staying at home without caring their child for better schooling, is found in cities and villages too.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.