Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks Neetu for great information on peanuts!!

Peanuts form an integral part of the Maharashtrian cuisine, added to many different gravies and foods as well as tasty chutneys, Maharashtrian cuisine is incomplete without this tasty nut!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nutritive Values of peanuts: Per 100 gm.

* Vitamin B: Thiamine .30 mg.;
* Riboflavin .13 mg.;
* Niacin 16.2 mg.
* Vitamin E: 8 mg.
* Calcium: 74 mg.
* Iron: 1.9 mg.
* Phosphorus: 393 mg.
* Potassium: 337 mg.
* Fat: 44.2 gm.
* Carbohydrates: 23.6 gm.
* Protein: 26.9 gm.
* Calories: 559
Health Benefits of Peanuts

* Whole peanuts contains high amount of protein, which makes it a preferred diet of those people engaged in body-building and those people who are weak and underweight. The raw peanut butter with crushed skin contains much higher amounts of nutrient than refined "nut-only" butter.
* Peanut is a good source of Coenzyme Q10 which protects the heart during the period of lack of oxygen example high altitudes and clogged arteries.
* Peanuts contain high concentrations of antioxidant polyphenols, primarily a compound called p-coumaric acid. Roasting peanuts increases its p-coumaric acid levels, boosting it overall antioxidant content by as much as 22%. Roasted peanuts rival the antioxidant content of blackberries and strawberries, and are far richer in antioxidants than apples, carrots or beets.
* Unsalted peanuts are good for your arteries. One quarter cup of peanuts contains as much monunsaturated fat as a tablespoon of olive oil. Monounsaturated fats have been shown to lower blood cholesterol.
* Peanuts' high niacin content helps in the recovery of cell damage provides protection against Alzheimer's disease
and age-related cognitive problem.
* Peanut contain vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that is shown to significantly reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
* Peanut contain iron which is essential for the correct functioning of red blood cells.
* Peanut is rich in calcium which helps promotes healthy bones.
* Peanut has higher bioflavonoid resveratrol content than grapes. This bioflavonoid is believed to improve blood flow in the brain by as much as 30%, thus greatly reducing the risk of stroke. Study showed that by adding even small amounts of peanut products to the diet can reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol by 14%.
* Peanuts' fiber content helps lower the risk of colon cancer, an ounce of peanuts contains 2 grams of fiber.
* Peanut helps to accelerate the growth of male and female hormones.
I love peanuts. i take them in the form of chutney with dosa
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.