Curly Hair Care For Beautiful You

Dimple cheek, rosy lips and curly hair, once upon a time was the description of a beautiful girl but in reality girls who have curly hair, don't accept it as a boon. Rather many feel it is a pain to have a mass of curls on the head. Curly hair can be frieze, unruly and dry. However, the truth is that curls can look much more beautiful than straight hair, all it needs is to follow curly hair care regime.

Lets look at some curly hair care tips -

1.Hair Cut – You would need a hair cut every 4 to 6 weeks. Firstly, because a bit of unbalance in the hair length, looks a disaster is the hair is curly. Secondly, constant cutting of hair will not allow your hair ends to curl which makes the hair look shorter than it's actual length. It is advised to cut curly hair in layers than in any other pattern. Layers make it easier to handle.

2.Washing – The most important step of curly hair care is to avoid washing it everyday. The best way to keep your curls healthy is to retain natural oils. Hair wash should be limited to twice a week and with a mild shampoo with a moisturising content. Moisturiser reduces hair tangles and prevents it from being frieze. Curly hair needs a lot of conditioning. Always use conditioner after hair wash. Part your hair into two and then apply the conditioner. It is a good idea if you massage
your hair with the conditioner.

Once in a month to go for deep conditioning, is a good idea. The day you are not washing your hair, spray your hair with conditioning agent. Never leave the house without dampening your hair. It prevents tangles.

3.Styling – There are many hair styles for curly hair but you need to take care of the fact that your styling should not be tangling the hair. Hair styling agents has chemicals which can make your hair dry, thus, before applying any styling agent, apply some moisturisers to your curls. This will prevent it from being dry.

4.Combing – Your comb plays a very important role in the process of your curly hair care. You should never brush your hair but comb it with wide toothed combs. These combs makes combing easy and also to untangle your hair. Comb your hair from the roots to the tips. If your hair is tangles, then first moisten it with oil or moisturiser, leave it for sometime. This will soften the hair and allow you to untangle it easily.

5.Sleeping Time – Never leave your hair open while going off to bed. Tie it up into a loose plat. This is helps not to tangle and also prevent hair fall.

Curly hair looks beautiful is it is healthy. The steps of curly hair care might be a bit tiring but a playful set of curly hair will add on to your beauty
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I love to watch people having curly hair.But curly hair does not suit me.Thanks for sharing the information,Neeetu. :) :)
Choose the best haircut. The key to successful long curly hair care lies in the cut. Make sure your stylist knows how to cut curly hair because it requires different cutting techniques than straight hair. Getting the wrong cut can result in an excess amount of frizz and can damage your hair. Also, go for regular trims to cut off any damaged ends. Flip through magazines to help you find cuts that you like

Choose the best hair products. Choosing the right products can help simplify your long curly hair care routine. In general, curly hair requires products with a lot of moisture, especially in the summer. The sun, heat, salt water, and chlorine can strip your hair of its natural moisture and cause frizz and split-ends. I know it looks like there are a lot of options, but with the help of your stylist, you can narrow it down to a few products that are right for you.

Your product needs vary according to your situation. You definitely need a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Some people also like to use a leave-in conditioner for extra moisture. Other products for long curly hair care include frizz-control treatments, mousses, and gels, all designed to replace lost moisture and enhance the curls.
Also,have hair cuts in saloons where you are practiced too.It is not advisable to change the saloons too often. :) :)
That is true, it is very difficult to manage curly hair as I know how my cousin daily fights with it... :ohmy: I think the best way is to get regular hair cut and I hope the tips will defintely help her. :lol: :)
Yes,very true Rajani.Even my husband's sister is having a tough time combing her curly hair. :P :P
How To Care For Permed(artificially curled) Hair

Quality Products
One of the main tips that you need to keep in mind, in case you have got your hair permed, is to make use of quality products. While buying shampoo and conditioner, make sure to opt for a good brand. At the same time, go for hair products specifically meant for permed hair.

Shampoo Frequency
Since perming requires your hair to undergo chemical treatment, it tends to get drier than usual and needs the natural oils produced by your scalp. So, keep the shampooing frequency limited to 3 times per week. In case you have to wet your hair in-between, make sure to condition only (do not shampoo).

The Frizz Problem
Even if your hair is healthy, dryness can easily make it frizzy. To keep frizz at bay (and even make the detangling process easy), it would be advisable to make use of a leave-in conditioner. Again, make sure that the conditioner belongs to a good brand and is meant for permed hair only.

Fly Away Trouble
Permed hair often becomes victim to the problem of fly aways, another consequence of dry hair. Using a serum would be the best bet for controlling them. You can also make use of gel and mousse, but they might make the curls crunchy and sticky.

Deep Conditioning Treatment
Perming involves restructuring the hair and in the process, often strips it of natural oils. This makes it important for you to give your hair a deep conditioning treatment at least once in a week, if not more frequently. Along with that, you can also

Weather Protection
Try to stay out of heavy wind as well as harsh sunlight as much as possible, as both of them can dry out your hair and make it fragile. In case you have to go out in such weather, make sure to cover your hair completely. This will provide protection to your hair, to quite an extent.

Drying Permed Hair
After you have washed your hair, it is advisable to let it dry naturally (air-dry). As far as possible, try to stay away from blow-dryer, as it will make your hair exceedingly dry. After letting your hair air-dry, make sure to pull the curl into place, by resorting to a pick or a wide-toothed comb.
I have normal kind of hair, not even very straight or not even curly..... i love more of straight hairs....
i also have straight hair,but i have seen my friends having Curly Hair its nice to see...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.