India is the world's largest, oldest, continuous civilization. :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think such a claim might be too controversial but surely it one of the oldest!
I agree with Chinmoy! There are other civilizations too that are as old as ours, egs being Egypt, Greece etc. Another fact of life is that the Egyptians, Greeks etc. seem to have more respect for their ages-old monuments and are better at conserving them whereas we are busy destroying them and defacing them with vulgar graffiti!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There is another aspect to it.India the geographical entity as is known today was the creation of British rulers for administrative convenience and on the question of what is precisely Indian culture there could be a debate but what is undeniably true is that India's essence lies in cultural plurality which has evolved over a few thousand years or more.
Yes,India is one of the oldest civilizations and it has a very unique culture.
India is one of the oldest civilizations. We find two distinct and separate streams- Aryans and Dravidian. Both claim to be oldest. Greek, Egyptian and Chinese are also very old. All these are prehistoric and it is not feasible to state which one is oldest.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think Indus is the largest civilisation.But the oldest - what about Babylonian ?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Our ancient literature, that has been approved even by other countries, prove us to be the oldest civilisation.
As Abid stated,Indus is the oldest civilization I believe. :) :)
No such dating should be attempted and just let us call it one of the oldest!
I agree with Chinmoy! Actually I think not one civilization can be dated as the oldest, the process has to be simultaneous and parallel!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.