Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software - a report in Forbes magazine, July 1987
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
i had studied sanskrit right from 8th class as one among the subjects till my 12th standard..... so i know sanskrit......
Although it enjoys the status of being one of oldest language,sadly lack of currency has made it a dead language!
[quote]Although it enjoys the status of being one of oldest language,sadly lack of currency has made it a dead language! [/quote] So sad but true!

Sanskrit is the basis of most of our Indian languages so also all our ancient scriptures including complete works on Ayurveda and medicine are in Sanskrit! Yet we show total lack of apathy to keep this language alive, while in European countries, especially Germany, extra efforts are being made to teach and learn Sanskrit!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It's true that official apathy to promote this ancient language has resulted in gross neglect!
I agree with that statement chinmoy specified..and i think some awarness and interest should be created to popularize the language.
I have read from some magazines that people in Germany show more interest to learn Sanskrit language.
[quote]I have read from some magazines that people in Germany show more interest to learn Sanskrit language.[/quote]

That is right! They are taking extensive efforts to promote Sanskrit in Germany. My maternal aunt and her husband who are sanskrit scholars visit Germany every two years to teach Sanskrit in the German Universities!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That's a very sad commentary on the state of Sanskrit learning in India.If we turn our backs to our own great heritage who can help!
most Suitable for computer software ??It is strange to know this news.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Sanskrit is really a Deva language, that has been used even by the Devatas as considered by our ancient literature. It is very easy to learn too.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.