Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This site provides Information Technology tools and related resources for disseminating information in Indian languages on the web.

www.acharya.iitm.ac.in/sanskrit/tutor.html

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
Do u know abt cymatics?
it is to represent the collected voice frequency into an image.
It is proved that sanskrit letters are obtained when we spell it..........!
@Sumit,
I could not open the link.It displays server not found error. :(
[quote]Sanskrit is a very rich ancient language. The only living ancient language is Tamil. Knowledge of Sanskrit is decisively essential to grasp ancient literature, knowledge and religious books.

Most of the ancient languages like Greek, Latin, Hebrew are dead like Sanskrit. language changes with gap in place as well as time. The current knowledge in modern sciences is well in English. It is more necessary to seek proficiency in English. The ground reality is that roman script is used for all purposes including computer and internet.

It is okay for those interested to learn Sanskrit. Otherwise, English suffices for most purposes. One should acquire working knowledge of Hindi, regional language of the place where situated and English. [/quote]

Thanks for your elaborate comments on this Gulshan! Working knowledge of the languages you mentioned is indeed the need of the hour!

But sadly, the reason for Sanskrit dying out as a working language is because of people's mentalities and the shadow of casteism on it! Sanskrit was believed to be the monopoly of the upper caste brahmins all over India and learning Sanskrit was restricted only to those belonging to the upper creamy layer of the society! One of the major reasons for it dying out! :(

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote][quote]Sanskrit is a very rich ancient language. The only living ancient language is Tamil. Knowledge of Sanskrit is decisively essential to grasp ancient literature, knowledge and religious books.

Most of the ancient languages like Greek, Latin, Hebrew are dead like Sanskrit. language changes with gap in place as well as time. The current knowledge in modern sciences is well in English. It is more necessary to seek proficiency in English. The ground reality is that roman script is used for all purposes including computer and internet.

It is okay for those interested to learn Sanskrit. Otherwise, English suffices for most purposes. One should acquire working knowledge of Hindi, regional language of the place where situated and English. [/quote]

Thanks for your elaborate comments on this Gulshan! Working knowledge of the languages you mentioned is indeed the need of the hour!

But sadly, the reason for Sanskrit dying out as a working language is because of people's mentalities and the shadow of casteism on it! Sanskrit was believed to be the monopoly of the upper caste brahmins all over India and learning Sanskrit was restricted only to those belonging to the upper creamy layer of the society! One of the major reasons for it dying out! :([/quote]

I agree that caste factor caused ignorance of Sanskrit and all learning. Manusmriti forbade lower castes to learn anything. But this is not the only reason. The world is dynamic and everything does not remain the same. language changes with time and space. Sanskrit has not in fact died but transformed itself in so many derived languages like Hindi, Punjabi, Bangla, Malyayalam. Vocubaulary in most Indian languages is drawn either from Sanskrit or Tamil. Other ancient languages like Latin, Greek are also not alive.

The ground reality is that English is the media of modern knowledge and Sanskrit mainly caters to religious scriptures. Also you may enjoy ancient literature like Abhigyan Shakuntalam by reading original Sanskrit literature. The Ayurvedic Vaidyas (doctors) will also do well to learn Sanskrit and thereby read the ancient books on Ayurveda. similarly, astronomers may gain better knowledge by reading the books by Arya Bhatt in Sanskrit.

I feel that English serves most of our needs. But Sanskrit should also be given due importance. Study of Sanskrit along with ancient literature in astronomy, Ayurveda, literary works, statecraft by Kautilya will be useful. Banaras Hindu University may take lead in this direction.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]I agree that caste factor caused ignorance of Sanskrit and all learning. Manusmriti forbade lower castes to learn anything. But this is not the only reason. The world is dynamic and everything does not remain the same. language changes with time and space. Sanskrit has not in fact died but transformed itself in so many derived languages like Hindi, Punjabi, Bangla, Malyayalam. Vocubaulary in most Indian languages is drawn either from Sanskrit or Tamil. Other ancient languages like Latin, Greek are also not alive.

The ground reality is that English is the media of modern knowledge and Sanskrit mainly caters to religious scriptures. Also you may enjoy ancient literature like Abhigyan Shakuntalam by reading original Sanskrit literature. The Ayurvedic Vaidyas (doctors) will also do well to learn Sanskrit and thereby read the ancient books on Ayurveda. similarly, astronomers may gain better knowledge by reading the books by Arya Bhatt in Sanskrit.

I feel that English serves most of our needs. But Sanskrit should also be given due importance. Study of Sanskrit along with ancient literature in astronomy, Ayurveda, literary works, statecraft by Kautilya will be useful. Banaras Hindu University may take lead in this direction. [/quote]

Very lucid and elaborate comments! Agree with you fully!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.