Although modern images of India often show poverty and lack of development, India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus was attracted by India's wealth. :)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
India was and is rich but the social justice has always been an issue!
Also our tendency to rest on past laurels and not take efforts to preserve what we have in hand has led to increasing poverty! Once upon a time, we had scores of artisans who created masterpieces such as Konark Sun Chariot, Ajant Ellora caves etc. etc. and now it is difficult to get even a single artisan who would do a good job at creating something!

Corruption certainly helped deterioration of our culture!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

India has such a huge power to put himself on the top but due to corruption indian are not seen at the top.

Want to make each day Accountable

You are absolutely correct,Kalyani! Glamorising our glorious past won't help our cause and what we have proved ourselves to be? Their unworthy successors!!
[quote]You are absolutely correct,Kalyani! Glamorising our glorious past won't help our cause and what we have proved ourselves to be? Their unworthy successors!! [/quote]

You have summed it up quite correctly, Chinmoy!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

Our history records the reigns of some kings who were more caring and conscientious than our presentday democratic rulers who at times behave like tin-pot despots!!!
we sholud develop our country we are hearing right from our childhood that india is an developing country........
There is lack of unity among our country men itself and we fight for petty things."Change" is the only thing which will make us prosper.I mean change in mind set,change in goals,change in politics,change in education etc..
All invaders to India came due to the richness of India and all of them exploited it well.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Our biggest problem is that we believe more on others than we do on ourselves. This has drowned India always.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.