Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Everyone knows that chess is a good game so what's the big deal. From the heading of the topic I thought that it must be something meaningful in this thread. Such a meaningless thread :S

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]@Abid

Now it is getting very popular and some youngsters are even looking at it as a career option and emergence of so many grand masters is also a proof of this fact![/quote]

Chess as a Career ?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid wrote:

[quote]chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Abid

Now it is getting very popular and some youngsters are even looking at it as a career option and emergence of so many grand masters is also a proof of this fact!

Chess as a Career ? [/quote]

Why not Abid? We have many examples such as V. Anand et. al who have shown the world that an illustrious career can be made out of playing chess professionally! All it needs is the right guidance right from childhood and perseverence.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You are right,Kalyani! Even state level players holding IM status are finding gainful employment in various governmental organizations ans sponsors!

This thread has attracted quite a good number of hits and I wonder it it could be at all called useless!!
Chinmoy wrote:
[quote]You are right,Kalyani! Even state level players holding IM status are finding gainful employment in various governmental organizations ans sponsors!

This thread has attracted quite a good number of hits and I wonder it it could be at all called useless!! [/quote]

You are right Chinmoy, this is in no way a useless or meaningless thread! By following thsi discussion, some are bound to find chess interesting and may even inspire some to take up chess professionally!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

More importantly everyone is free here to value-add!
Thanks to Kalyani and Ceeem.So all professional games will be a career.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.