Honey Mask for Well-Balanced Skin

Honey is the perfect balancing treatment and moisturizer. Of all my homemade beauty tips, honey is the one thing I can't be without.

I've heard that honey has antiseptic, healing properties that have been used to heal infections. All I know is that honey may be the perfect product. It makes the best facial mask, hair conditioner, and tea / food sweetener. Honey fights infections, acne, and dry skin...so in my opinion, it's a must for every woman's skincare regime.

Homemade Beauty Tips How To: All you need is honey. This is an easy, natural mask for people with dry or acne prone skin. After washing your face, gently apply honey with your hands to your face, lips, and eyelids. After 10 - 20 minutes, gently rinse it off. I've found it to be an excellent moisturizing treatment, and perfect to remove dry patches on skin or lips.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good tip Neetu.. Honey brings young look to skin too. :) Thanks for the excellent tip.. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Honey Mask Recipe

The best facial mask is honey. Place a cloth in warm water and apply to your face to open the pores. Smear on honey, and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores. Use once a week.
Honey Masks for Acne: Here are some masks, along with their recipes, symptoms, skin type for which it is made and some tips.

* Honey Mask: Honey alone can be used as a mask and is effective in curing acne by cleansing your pores and not letting microbes grow there due to its anti microbial properties. Added to this, the waxy part of honey helps keep the skin soft, smooth and glowing.
o Ingredients: Nothing but honey. Quantity: As per requirement.
o Preparation: None
o Application: Just spread a layer on your face.
o Tips: Try to use filtered honey.
o Facts: Honey has anti microbial properties, anti oxidants and at the same time, is sticky (which is beneficial). This stickiness pulls away the dust, dead skin, microbes etc. from the pores while the anti microbial properties do not let the skin infected again. The anti oxidants in it helps make the skin look younger and last but not the least, the wax in it makes the skin smooth, shiny, moist and glowing. Isn’t that great?
o Caution: Those who are allergic to topical application of honey should keep away.
Easy Face Mask Recipes for Different Skin Types

For Dry Skin: Avocado & Honey Face Mask

You will need:

2 tablespoons of avocado flesh

2 tablespoons honey

To form this anti aging skin care face mask, put all the ingredients in a blender, or mash by hand in a bowl. Use your fingers to spread the mask over your face and neck and leave it on for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer, before removing.

For Dry Skin: Honey and yogurt Mask

You will need

1 tablespoon honey

1/2 teaspoon almond oil

1 tablespoon yogurt

Put all ingredients into a large bowl and stir until it becomes sticky and thick. Apply the mask to your face for 5 minutes and wash face thoroughly with a mild facial soap. Honey stimulates and smoothes, egg and almond oil penetrate and moisturize, and yogurt refines and tightens pores.

For Tired Skin: Almond Yoghurt Honey Mask

You will need:

6oz plain yoghurt

¼oz finely-crushed almonds

2tsp honey

2tsp wheatgerm oil

Mix all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Apply and massage the mixture into skin. Keep the mask on for 20 minutes.

For Normal Skin: Apple Honey Mask

You will need

1 Apple, cored & quartered

2 Tablespoons Honey

Drop the apple pieces into a food processor and chop. Add honey and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Pat the mixture onto your face with a light tapping motion, tapping until the honey feels tacky. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse.

For Oily Skin: Honey-Papaya Mask

You will need:

1/3-cup cocoa

three teaspoons of heavy cream

1/3-cup ripe papaya

1/4-cup honey and three teaspoons of oatmeal powder

Mix and apply on your face. After 10 minutes, wash your face with warm water. This anti aging skin care fask mask helps heal skin blemishes, nourishes, draws out impurities, balances your skin pH, and will leave your skin radiant and soft. Good for acne-prone skin.

For Oily Skin: Carrot Face Mask

Your will need

2-3 carrots

4 1/2 table spoons of honey

Cook the carrots and then mash them up. Mix the carrots with honey and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Apply gently to the skin and wait for ten minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Carrots are known to be rich in vitamin A and C. They are also rich in potassium. Vitamin A and C are antioxidants. Honey contains sugar, enzymes, minerals, vitamins and amino acids.

For Sensitive Skin: Banana and Honey Mask

You will need

1/2 mashed banana

1/4 cup oatmeal, cooked with milk

1 egg

1/2 tablespoon honey

Mix ingredients together. Massage onto face in a slow, circular motion and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with tepid water. Oatmeal is high in nourishing vitamins and minerals; it gently cleanses and heals skin. Bananas contain vitamin A; eggs contain lecithin, a natural skin emollient; and honey helps to maintain the skin’s natural acid mantle.

For All Skin Types: Honey and Lavender Facial Mask

You will need:

1 tablespoon raw honey

3 drops lavender essential oil

Mix the ingredients, dampen your face with warm water, and smooth on the honey and lavender mixture. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes. Then rinse off with warm water
Himalaya an ayurvedic products manufacturing company is constantly introducing different products for natural care.IT has also introduced a soap with honey extracts and i think this can be purchased and used..
Neetu, thanks for sharing nice information on honey!

I especially liked the various masks that you have listed for various skin types! Good job!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I didn't have this information about honey. I love to eat and i am regular user of honey but applying on the skin is a new use to me.

Want to make each day Accountable

Honey has a number of uses.Neetu itself had told many of them.Thanks.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
ya honey brings glowness to skin and make our skin in a shiny way all the day and round the clock..........
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Neetu, thanks for sharing nice information on honey!

I especially liked the various masks that you have listed for various skin types! Good job![/quote]

@ KALYANI

thanks kalyani....
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.