Hi All,

Would like to know the process of approval and rejection of resource/article posted by a member in Boddunan.

I have posted certain article which were rejected - stating the same article which was posted by me in different website.

I have posted one more article related to Bhuvan - Indian Google Earth. The post is approved and allocated 10 points and some cash credit. However, the editor left a comment stating the some of the content is copied from a website : dare.co.in.

http://boddunan.com/computers-a-technology/37-New%20Technologies/1606-bhuvan-indias-google-earth.html

Your provided a comment stating part of it is copied from a certain dare.co.in website. However, My question to you is how does the editor/webmaster function on approving and rejection The information which is posted is directly from the original website. I think the editor did not go to original website. Dare.co.in has copied exactly from http://bhuvan.nrsc.gov.in/

I think you need to take consideration.. and difference between the content from original website and third party website However, I think the editor needs take a look at the original website of the article that we are posting than just googling find the first website. Which has copied the same content from original website.

Would like how editor work in approving and rejectoin of resource.

Nitin
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi Nitin,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Yes, I agree that the editors might miss the original website, however, can you tell us how can we know if it is the original or the third party? And you know, it is extremely difficult to know a genuine article than a copied one as there are hundreds of articles that are getting submitted each day and only few are genuine. Imagine how hard the editors are working and understand their effort. Please let the support team know by mailing such copied articles so that they will be disapproved and avoid legal complications.

And first of all, the editors have missed in the approval itself by approving the copied content :( . Though it is posted by you on other website.

I am not against you but this is the typical case occur when approved such articles. I will talk to them regarding this and make sure such case do not occur in the future.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

If you see my post that I have posted. I have provided link to register in order to download the software.

The editor should have checked that website. Instead of just running a search. An editor needs to capable enough to identify which is original website and third party website. It is very easy to find out. I will agree with you for certain section or products it is hard to find the original website. Yet, to certain we can find out the difference in original and third party.

So this is the only reason I have pointed out the issue. Each article when copied from the original website would not be a copyright or fall under legal complications. It is completely depending upon the editor and member posting.

I like your concept that you are not accepting articles if a member has posted on his own website and then reposted here. As your editor will not be able to identify if other website belong to member or not. Yet there are certain things need to be considered.

Nitin
Well Nitin. I agree that there are some flaws from editors' end as well. We are in learning phase and we will try to provide you best service possible. We will try to do analyze the articles more carefully.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.