esterday's formal introduction of Chromebooks marked yet another category of portable computing gadget in a landscape that's starting to feel overrun.

For $499, the Samsung Series 5 Chromebook has its work cut out for it--namely, because tablets and "high-end" 11- and 12-inch laptops and Netbooks (some with faster processors) have already occupied the same landscape.

It's a question we've been pondering for a while now, writ again: what truly constitutes the perfect small-screen portable? Suddenly, instead of one or two OSes to consider, there are four: Windows 7, Apple's iOS, and Google's Android and Chrome.

While the high end of the computer spectrum remains relatively stable (desktops, laptops), the increasingly fertile (or, perhaps, unstable) ground between laptops and smartphones has bred a variety of tech forms that all, in some way, are portable. Options have never been more diverse, or confusing.

Which one would you rather spend about $500 on?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
thats tough competition out there

I would chose a brand by apple computers that is ipad

Swetha Shenoy
If I have to purchase now then surely I would go for I-pad but if I need to by chrome book then surely I would like to wait sometime to get the review how the product is doing in the market and then if found suitable I would surely go for it without a second thought...
I prefer Chromebook.. its new and want to test...Hope it will be a better than Notebook and iPad...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.