Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Kimberley, you have done the right thing in voicing out your concerns and there is nothing wrong with keep high expectations! In fact, if everyone did just that then there would be very few problems or in this case, errors in the first place.

It bothers me too that our website has many articles and posts wherein the grammar, spellings etc. are wrong and not error free. But one thing I just wanted to bring out is that ours is a nation where more than 20 spoken languages are used like nowhere else in the world. While speaking or writing English, each individual's mother tongue, the way a particular word is pronounced or written greatly influences our English too. So some of such errors are taken for granted and as long as the message is clear it does not really affect the quality of the article. But that is only rarely. I make it a point to outright reject all articles which are very bad in grammatical sense and do not approve them unless corrected by the authors.

I do like your and Arun's suggestions to provide a feedback forum for such articles and posts, but it might offend people who are really serious about writing but careless about grammar etc. What you could do is send links to any of the boddunan support team if you come across already published articles. We will take action to rectify them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Arun - I completely agree with everything you said (That rarely happens, blunt that I am :) )
If Bodunnan could learn from your post - that would be super. And, I would like to stress: the idea is to IMPROVE and not discourage anyone.
So, your suggestions:

1. To give detailed feedback to the author submitting poorly written and/or formatted article.
2. suspend accounts of authors who keeps repeating the same mistake. (or even issue warnings)
3. To have one super moderator who can check approved articles by moderator,

make complete sense!

Yes - English is not our native language, but yet we have so many Indians who are extremely good at it and that's what I wish we could display here. Right? I dunno! :)

https://www.mummepreneur.com/
@Kalyani - In my personal opinion, if anyone who considers himself a serious writer will keep improving himself everyday with whatever he can learn. So I don't think that will offend anyone.

Also, did you know, writing online is completely different than writing offline. Well I learnt this the hard way when initially my articles used to get rejected and the reason being they are not fit for online publishing (Everything else was perfect).

And by not fit for online publishing means that they are not easy on the eyes of readers. And if you looking for what is a fit for online publishing post, you should read kimberly's para above or infact your own post. A reader will be more likely to read it.

I hope that makes sense.
Thank you said by: kimberly Dsouza
Arun - I completely agree with everything you said (That rarely happens, blunt that I am :) )
If Bodunnan could learn from your post - that would be super. And, I would like to stress: the idea is to IMPROVE and not discourage anyone.
So, your suggestions:

1. To give detailed feedback to the author submitting poorly written and/or formatted article.
2. suspend accounts of authors who keeps repeating the same mistake. (or even issue warnings)
3. To have one super moderator who can check approved articles by moderator,

make complete sense!

Yes - English is not our native language, but yet we have so many Indians who are extremely good at it and that's what I wish we could display here. Right? I dunno! :)

A smart girl completely disagreeing with me has also rarely happened, such a flirter that I am, oops I mean blurter that I am. (Smart people like honesty ryt? ;)

And my suggestions can be attributed to you since you brought the issue up.

And yes, we Indians can speak and write in impeccable english, we just have to avoid being lazy and keep in mind the small details.

I am sure with little collective efforts this place can be very rewarding for everyone.
@Kalyani - In my personal opinion, if anyone who considers himself a serious writer will keep improving himself everyday with whatever he can learn. So I don't think that will offend anyone.

Also, did you know, writing online is completely different than writing offline. Well I learnt this the hard way when initially my articles used to get rejected and the reason being they are not fit for online publishing (Everything else was perfect).

And by not fit for online publishing means that they are not easy on the eyes of readers. And if you looking for what is a fit for online publishing post, you should read kimberly's para above or infact your own post. A reader will be more likely to read it.

I hope that makes sense.

Well said again Arun - Kalyani, I will send you a PM shortly about "some" of the concerns.
Arun is right when he said that "a serious writer will keep improving himself everyday with whatever he can learn".
I used to write for Triond before I joined here (no great achievement, but still...)There was one writer there, who pointed out to me a couple of mistakes I had made in one of my articles. So, I went back and edited it(and found that there were so many more mistakes) and thanks to her, till today I am very conscious about capitalizin my i's (well most of the time!) :)

i'll just smile to that!! :)
And hope this discussion leads to better things for Boddunan and all of us too!

Kalyani - Another thing is, more than being concerned about offending "serious" writers by correcting them is not as bad as offending "Good" AND "serious" writers when they find that a poor article gets a higher cash credit than a good one!!! :)

I, too, hope the same. I would like to see Boddunan gaining more trust among the authors.

And you write for Triond, well I am on Triond too but it's been around a year since I logged in there. Over the time I have learnt that it is best to write on your own site.

And yea, a serious writer always Cross Their T's and Dot Their I's which you do so don't worry about capitalizing them much.
:laugh:
lol... yep but I did have a problem with that too in my school days.
But this great buddy of mine has solved that issue for me!! yep - the comp! :)

Hi Kalyani - I didn't receive any reply about the PM i sent you with respect to this issue. Though you did find the time to reject my article!! :S
However you didn't mention WHERE it was copied from. Please let me know so i can look into the matter and take appropriate action.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.