What are your views about the stories of Arabian Nights?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
They are most interesting,pleasing and rules all ages mind.
Arabian Knights is my childhood favorite. I had very little knowledge of English up to fifth class. On transfer of my father to Kanpur, I got admission in VI class in a missionary school. Poor knowledge of English was my handicap. I soon learnt to speak and write in English. My class teacher who also taught English encouraged me to read fairy tales and other stories. she also managed school library. She gave me Arabian Knights to read. I enjoyed this book. The books like Arabian Knights helped me learn English fast.

Let me also point out that this is 'Arabian Knights' and not 'Arabian nights'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

They are very interesting children stories .It is of mystical type.
I haven't listened about them yet can't say anything .
Yeah Arabian Nights was one of my favorites too! These stories are really great and they fuel children's imaginations a great deal.

Gulshan, Arabian Nights is correct because its originally titled One Thousand One Arabian Nights. The story goes like this, a powerful and rich Sultan who is also evil is in the habit of marrying a young and beautiful girl and on the wedding night she is supposed to tell him an intriguing tale. If the Sultan likes her story then she lives to see another day. The day she is unable to tell a story that Sultan likes, he has her beheaded. Finally he marries beautiful Scheherzade, who is as intelligent and witty as she is beautiful. After their wedding, for one thousand and one consecutive nights she spins a tale one after another, which are fantastic and amazing. By the time the final night comes, he is so much in love with her and intrigued by her intelligence, he gives up his vice of killing wives. Hence the name Arabian Nights.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: ajay
I have read it in my childhood. Arabian nights is a great story. recently in tv a serial is running based on it.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yeah Arabian Nights was one of my favorites too! These stories are really great and they fuel children's imaginations a great deal.

Gulshan, Arabian Nights is correct because its originally titled One Thousand One Arabian Nights. The story goes like this, a powerful and rich Sultan who is also evil is in the habit of marrying a young and beautiful girl and on the wedding night she is supposed to tell him an intriguing tale. If the Sultan likes her story then she lives to see another day. The day she is unable to tell a story that Sultan likes, he has her beheaded. Finally he marries beautiful Scheherzade, who is as intelligent and witty as she is beautiful. After their wedding, for one thousand and one consecutive nights she spins a tale one after another, which are fantastic and amazing. By the time the final night comes, he is so much in love with her and intrigued by her intelligence, he gives up his vice of killing wives. Hence the name Arabian Nights.

Thanks for the detailed information.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You are most welcome Gulshan! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

i also get the detailed information form you kalyani about arabian nights and it seems really interesting.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.