Few days back I have read from newspapers, that an IIM graduate has committed suicide after seeing her boyfriend posting weird comments about her in his profile page in one of the famous social networking websites. Is is fair from her part to lose her life for this reason?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh my God! That is so sad, losing her life at so young age! I would not call it an act of courage or even desperation, she probably did it to avoid shame in public and amongst friends!

Instead she could have stood up and told this boyfriend of hers off for doing writing nasty things about her and dumped him instead publicly.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nagalakshmi your topic does not suit with the incident. Why, let me explain.
She killed herself due to such things is her foolishness. There is neither question of cowardness or bravery. Mark! it was foolishness.
This is 2011. Girls are not so weak. Though she has commited suicide, I don't believe such story. May be some other reason lie behind.
This is really bad happened. She would have given cyber complaint or some other action but committing suicide is a foolish thing. But we should think of her feeling also. The people who visit his profile and read those comments then she will become unpopular and most of the people who know her will surely ask her about it and this may made her depressed and finally she commented suicide. This really bad to know. Now a days guys are becoming humanity less. they are behaving like a hulligans not like human being. If he dont like his girl friend or if he want to leave her, he would have said to her directly or left her. but doing such things like writing badly about is really bad on his part

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Sarala, you do have a point there! What happens in our society majority of the times is that whenever such an incident occurs, it is always the girl who is blamed for being a characterless person etc. etc. After which she is often viewed with suspicion by all, friends and family alike. Even her immediate family and parents too fail to support her, therefor such women are driven to committing suicide.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Suicide is more an act of escapism and despair rather than courage although you need some courage for this act of utmost despair.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

yes you are right kalyani. To stop such suicide attempts first our society should change.

Life is precious and one should never think about suicide as an option to get away with things. Very often then not stress, upset, poverty, horrible living conditions, neglect etc often misleads one to attempt it...

Suicide can never be taken as an act of bravery rather it is done to escape from some hard and tough situations in life. In the true sense bravery lies in the fact of facing life no matter how harsh or hard it is and moving along. Here, in this particular case, may be the present social outlook towards the females is good enough reason for the incident but then also I am against it and would have loved to learn if the girl would have faced the real life situations rather then ending her life in such a miserable way....!
@Ajay

such things happen for a women means , mostly society blames women only but they wont blame the guy who made the girl unpopular.They will say that the girl gave the guy lenience . So in such situation relatives friends and even parents also scold her irritate her and make her depressed.Then at that situation person becomes so weak that they commit suicide, they will feel that this is the way that they can get rid of such situation and the guy who made her unpopular may feel bad.

A real cowardice act indeed. She took her life herself and made some boy accounted for the act. Now the police is behind the poor guy stating his status message caused the girl to commit suicide..... Pathetic .....
Suiciding is the courageous act that a cowardice always perform!!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.