Since yesterday every time I have logged in, I found that someone is decreasing my karma, I have a fair idea who is doing that. I know it is because lately I have been very much vocal about posting certain types of threads and replies and people are not liking it.

I have only created this thread to point out that decreasing karma in this manner will not deter me from my efforts to keep boddunan clean and of a certain quality that is desired by a handful few rather than cater to the likes of vast majority!

So this is only to tell that person, smite my karma however much you want, your actions will not affect either my earnings or my reputation here! :P :P :P

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4179]}
IGNORE!!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Every time this problem is coming unknown persons reducing karma.

They are having a self phsyco happiness by reducing ones karma.

Action must be taken on them.This is happened in sarala case also.

This is not good for them this will hurt mentally.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

It appears that the purpose of 'karma' is not understood well. While adding or deducting 'karma', there should be no motive to harass an individual. If you like a post, give + karma. If the post is bad and unwelcome, give - karma. The same member may be given + karma for one post and - karma for another.

Karma does not affect a member's points and earning. The status as member and a forum boarder also is not affected. I appreciate that Kalayani is doing well for the site. I never found any of her post that may be given a minus karma. Occasional decrease of karma is understood but constant decrease of karma is certainly most unwelcome and wrong.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Every time this problem is coming unknown persons reducing karma.

They are having a self phsyco happiness by reducing ones karma.

Action must be taken on them.This is happened in sarala case also.

This is not good for them this will hurt mentally. [/quote]

Thanks sasikanth! But I already made it clear that I am not whining and complaining but just wanted that person to know that I am far much ahead in terms of maturity and seriousness of working here that such miserably silly actions are way to childish and futile to annoy me or even deter me from my role as a moderator! I also want others who may wander that way to spite others, not just me that such efforts do not work on people who understand and strive to maintain the values of what boddunan stands for.

Thank you said by: ajay
correct sasikanth...reducing karma does not affect anything in boddunan.i have been suffering from this problem too..though i never reported it.
[quote]It appears that the purpose of 'karma' is not understood well. While adding or deducting 'karma', there should be no motive to harass an individual. If you like a post, give + karma. If the post is bad and unwelcome, give - karma. The same member may be given + karma for one post and - karma for another.

Karma does not affect a member's points and earning. The status as member and a forum boarder also is not affected. I appreciate that Kalayani is doing well for the site. I never found any of her post that may be given a minus karma. Occasional decrease of karma is understood but constant decrease of karma is certainly most unwelcome and wrong. [/quote]

Thanks a lot Gulshan! Sadly karma is only rused mostly as a means to spite others!

The persons who is reducing your karma dont want to have good words to them.

The persons will know this pain when some one reduced their karma up to then they will do this childish things.

I felt this situation i know the pain of this.That day i feel a lot of pain about this but i cannot do any thing because i dont know that person who done this.

i dont have any qualms in openly stating that i had reduced kalyani s karma 2 days back when she was not at all helpful to the plea i made to her.
That had reason to it and i felt i had the right to do it. I think kalyani will remember that i had openly posted a no thankyou for her in comments before reducing it.
Every one should follow this and try to inform the person before reducing the karma.that will solve this problem.
[quote]i dont have any qualms in openly stating that i had reduced kalyani s karma 2 days back when she was not at all helpful to the plea i made to her.
That had reason to it and i felt i had the right to do it. I think kalyani will remember that i had openly posted a no thankyou for her in comments before reducing it.
Every one should follow this and try to inform the person before reducing the karma.that will solve this problem. [/quote]'

I know that and I appreciate this kind of openness. But the basic point is if you have [paid heed to my requests about not posting certain types of threads in other discussions, this would not have happened.

This is my job as a moderator and it is expected that everyone understand and cooperate, I have never asked anyone to do unreasonable things or taken action when it was not warranted!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.